Official X3 2nd gen stable firmware download / discussion thread--FW2.0: Added library search function, Line Output level options, Recently Played playlist, ReplayGain
Sep 28, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #61 of 171
I recently bought a Fiio x3 gen.2 and am very happy with it, EXCEPT it will not read the tags on most of my FLAC files! I can search my music (in the Fiio) by looking at it on the "folder" level, but the player isn't recognizing the artists, albums and all that. I ripped most of these FLAC files from CDs, using J-River Media Center and went out of my way to tag everything (in J-River), included downloading artwork in many cases. J-River shows the tags as correct, but when they are in the x3 (gen 2), everything is coming up as "Unkown Artist", "Unkown Album"...What is the issue here? I tried doing a search on this and couldn't find ANYTHING useful. Please help a newbie! I also have uploaded the latest firmware from Fiio- no difference. BTW- I am on mac OS X.

Sep 29, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #62 of 171
I recently bought a Fiio x3 gen.2 and am very happy with it, EXCEPT it will not read the tags on most of my FLAC files! I can search my music (in the Fiio) by looking at it on the "folder" level, but the player isn't recognizing the artists, albums and all that. I ripped most of these FLAC files from CDs, using J-River Media Center and went out of my way to tag everything (in J-River), included downloading artwork in many cases. J-River shows the tags as correct, but when they are in the x3 (gen 2), everything is coming up as "Unkown Artist", "Unkown Album"...What is the issue here? I tried doing a search on this and couldn't find ANYTHING useful. Please help a newbie! I also have uploaded the latest firmware from Fiio- no difference. BTW- I am on mac OS X.

Hello Fuzzywallz,

Please contact support@fiio.net and supply them with an example of a tagged file not recognized by the player for analysis.

Best regards,
Joe for FiiO :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 30, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #63 of 171
I tried using "Tag Editor (free), with rapid tagging" (app for mac) to re-tag the FLAC files and now they work for (the most part, some are missing art, etc). If I run into any ones that aren't working, I will send them as instructed. THANKS!

Oct 2, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #64 of 171
Hello Fuzzywallz,

Please contact support@fiio.net and supply them with an example of a tagged file not recognized by the player for analysis.

Best regards,
Joe for FiiO
redface.gif

That Joe guy... he's all about the customer service!
beerchug.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #65 of 171
White noise problem still isn't fixed. If I pause a song, don't use the DAP for 30~ minutes, and come back, there's white noise and the player doesn't react, until I plug out my headphones and put them in again. Maybe it's a problem with one standby modes, I don't know.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #66 of 171
  White noise problem still isn't fixed. If I pause a song, don't use the DAP for 30~ minutes, and come back, there's white noise and the player doesn't react, until I plug out my headphones and put them in again. Maybe it's a problem with one standby modes, I don't know.

Weird.  I stopped having that problem after the last stable firmware update.

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #67 of 171
Can i rollback to 1.1fw somehow? With this 1.3 the player somtimes stops playing at the last second of actual track and no response at all. I need to restart by long pressing the power button to work again.

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #68 of 171
Can i rollback to 1.1fw somehow? With this 1.3 the player somtimes stops playing at the last second of actual track and no response at all. I need to restart by long pressing the power button to work again.

Any firmware can be installed at any time. Upgrade, downgrade it does not matter.

Nov 15, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #69 of 171
Any firmware can be installed at any time. Upgrade, downgrade it does not matter.

Thx, it is a good thing if works like that.

For the nex fw it would be good if the player support single music files with cue sheet in track lists [be it m3u(8) or own]. At the moment it does not work. And it would be good too if we can select folders for the players own playlist editor, not just tracks.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #71 of 171

2015-11-17
Stable firmware version FW1.4 for X3 2nd gen now available!
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mvcs13orpxv760/X3II-FW1.4.zip?dl=0
After downloading the update, please unpack (unZIP) the package and read the update instructions contained within.

The following changes and improvements were made to FW1.4 compared to FW1.3:
1. Improved the sensitivity and consistency of the scroll wheel response.
2. Fixed issue where the player may not be able to load the cover art for certain files.
3. Fixed issue where certain DFF files may not be playable.

Looking forward to your comments and feedback :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 18, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #73 of 171
I'm currently on FW1.3 I upgraded it as soon as I got the unit a few days ago. It worked fine yesterday but today it seems to randomly pause all the time. Should I just upgrade to FW1.4 and hope for the best?

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #74 of 171
A new beta for the X5 2nd gen has just been released. It includes the below:

Added library search function: activate by holding Shortcuts button in any category or folder browsing screen; use previous / next buttons to switch between numbers and alphabet).

One can only hope the X3 2nd gen is getting the same love soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back