Official X3 2nd gen beta firmware thread--FW1.44: library search, ReplayGain, high speed USB, DoP, D2P...
Feb 16, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #256 of 367
I didn't even bother with this beta because the features I use have been disabled (OTG) or don't work (EQ).  I'll wait and see what happens when the next stable fw is released, but I don't care for the direction FiiO is going with this beta fw...just saying  
frown.gif

Feb 16, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #257 of 367
The DAC is working - although it would be nice to have a single unified driver for X3ii, X5ii and X7 (PITA when having to continually uninstall one and reinstall another when questions are asked)

And personally I love the extra functionality with the beta fw - but sorely missing the EQ.  Hopefully Fiio rectifies with a stable release soon.

Feb 16, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #258 of 367
I think there was a version of the TUSB driver 1.61 that handled all FIIO units.  But one has to reinstall it every time a new unit is added the to the mix.  

Maybe someday there will be a unified driver for Windows that does not require the driver signing rigamarole.  Crazier things have happened.

Maybe I just needed to run the driver again to get the beta firmware to work with OTG.  I had removed the old driver at one point to test out some other drivers and that could have been part of the problem.

Anyway I love the way FIIO is so customer responsive, but this particular beta was not "the one".

Feb 21, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #259 of 367
2016-01-30
Beta firmware version 1.44 for the X3 2nd gen is now available!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6q2m6eiid3g5web/X3II-FW1.44Beta.zip?dl=0
After downloading the update, please unpack (unZIP) the package and read the update instructions contained within.

Please note that all firmware posted in this thread are beta firmware--please post in this dedicated thread if you have any issues with these versions, and if you encounter serious problems, consider flashing back to a stable release.

Stable firmware can be found here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/780197/official-x3-2nd-gen-stable-firmware-download-discussion-thread

The following changes and improvements were made to FW1.44beta compared to FW1.4:
1. Added support for ReplayGain;
2. Added library search function: activate by holding Shortcuts button in any category or folder browsing screen; use previous / next buttons to switch between numbers and alphabet).
3. Increased USB storage transfer speeds (≥8MB/s);
4. Added Recently Played playlist (via Play by Category);
5. Added DoP and D2P options to S/PDIF output;
6. Added Line Output level options (fixed or variable level);
7. Optimized UI operation and speed;
8. Amended user interface in Play by Category;
9. Added play mode: play single track and stop
10. Added option to delete a track (outside of Now Playing);
11. Fixed issue with hidden files stored by a Mac OS computer accessing the cards on the X3 2nd gen;
12. Fixed issue with syncing timed lyrics to song position;
13. Fixed issue where some ID3 tag info could not be read correctly;
14. Added option to manually clear media library database file (via System Settings);
15. USB OTG function (which had never been compatible with many USB devices) has been disabled to improve device detection in storage and DAC modes by the computer;
16. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Note:
In the process of updating to FW1.44beta, only Favorites and internal playlist data will be retained--settings and media library database will be reset. If downgrading from FW1.44beta to older firmware, settings and media library database will also be reset.

Looking forward to your feedback
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks a lot for this Joe! I really respect Fiio for keep improving X3ii even though it is already a good and stable player.
I will upgrade today and report any error if I find it.

Feb 21, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #260 of 367
  The DAC is working - although it would be nice to have a single unified driver for X3ii, X5ii and X7 (PITA when having to continually uninstall one and reinstall another when questions are asked)

+1 for the unified driver.

Feb 26, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #264 of 367

And personally I love the extra functionality with the beta fw - but sorely missing the EQ.  Hopefully Fiio rectifies with a stable release soon.

Hi,
As for the USB driver, at present, the DAC driver for the X7 can be compatible for the X5II and X3II. That is to say, every time, once there is a newest driver released, it can be compatible with the previous DAPs.
The EQ issue will be fixed in the future firmware, and yeah, we will try to release a stable one soon.

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #265 of 367

Hi,
As for the USB driver, at present, the DAC driver for the X7 can be compatible for the X5II and X3II. That is to say, every time, once there is a newest driver released, it can be compatible with the previous DAPs.
The EQ issue will be fixed in the future firmware, and yeah, we will try to release a stable one soon.

Is the search going to be fixed? Right now search searches by filename and when we have our tracks numbered, the search is impossible to use. Also, search starts with the first character of the name. So e cannot search for a word that's not the first word of the track name. Same with any other search. So this should be fixed too so we can search fora word we know is part of what we are searching for. This to me is more important than the EQ. I've never actually used the EQ.

Feb 29, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #266 of 367
Had an issue just now when I plugged the X3ii to the PC (it was already in USB mode: DAC from before). Was expecting it to automatically turn on like the X3C but it didn't and became unresponsive to long presses of the power button. Fortunately there's the reset button and that solved everything. 

2nd time around, I turned on the X3ii first before pluggin git into the PC and DAC mode kicked in flawlessly.

Feb 29, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #267 of 367
I've managed to make DAC working in Ubuntu for my laptop. The issue is that this DAC doesn't work when it's plugged in xHCI USB controller. I've remapped all my xHCI USB controllers to eHCI (my motherboard BIOS doesn't have this feature, so I should do it on the software layer). If someone has the same issues using Fiio X3 II on Ubuntu see my post on http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2274844&p=13447501#post13447501

Feb 29, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #268 of 367
Am I missing this feature?: I edit the disc number of my albums, like, song 1 to 9 (Disc 1) then song 1 to 3 (Disc 2). But my X3II doesn't read the disc number, it just orders the songs by track number and get them in disorder.

I would like to see that fixed in the new firmware.

Feb 29, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #269 of 367
Am I missing this feature?: I edit the disc number of my albums, like, song 1 to 9 (Disc 1) then song 1 to 3 (Disc 2). But my X3II doesn't read the disc number, it just orders the songs by track number and get them in disorder.

I would like to see that fixed in the new firmware.

You're not missing anything, it won't read disc numbers. You have to retag everything consecutively or separate the each disc into its own album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back