Official X1 stable firmware discussion thread--version 2.0: Added library search function, Recently Played playlist, ReplayGain
Jan 9, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #93 of 195
Adjusting the EQ really is making very little difference to be honest,looks like its not such a budget player at all if it requires more to be spent on an amp or more expensive headphones lol

This makes absolutely no sense.
A budget player requiring more expensive headphones??
Your headphones are directly responsible for the sound quality. Yeah the source matters too, as do many other factors, but the headphones are the ones producing the sound.

So of course the quality of headphones matters.

If you want megabass and gino beat complimenting sound, get new headphones.

I'm quite hapoy with the Q1 I just picked up for my oldschool eurodance and gino beats.

This X1 is top notch for the money.

Jan 14, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #94 of 195
Running my X1 on 1.6, have a problem that every time after switch off, player forgets the last played song, let alone the place. Going to Now Playing after turning on, just shows all songs. Is this a bug only in 1.6? If yes, would rather try to downgrade the firmware in order to be able to continue listening where I dropped off. 

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #95 of 195
Recheck your settings. They may have been reset. Also, no matter what, if you plug the player into a computer it will lose its place.
I have that setting set and have had no problems with it in 1.6.
If the player will just not give you the option than something I've been expecting is an actual bug. (I can't set my screen auto off setting to anything less than 30 seconds.)

As far as needing expensive headphones to sound good, I'm not so sure. I got some 20 dollar creative labs ear buds. Tested at 6Hz to 24kHz or so. Yes I had to adjust the EQ to make the bass level with the treble, but they sound just as good as my friends super expensive headphones. Maybe even better because they block out more external sounds.

Jan 16, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #96 of 195
  Running my X1 on 1.6, have a problem that every time after switch off, player forgets the last played song, let alone the place. Going to Now Playing after turning on, just shows all songs. Is this a bug only in 1.6? If yes, would rather try to downgrade the firmware in order to be able to continue listening where I dropped off. 

Hi, DjBobby.
Are you sure that the Resume mode on your X1 is already set to "Song" or "Position"?

Jan 16, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #97 of 195
Is the source code available for this release? Looking to add AAP to the X1 (https://nuxx.net/wiki/Apple_Accessory_Protocol) so that I can connect it to my car for remote browsing, grouping and playback.
This is my first post and I could not find info elsewhere. My apologies in advance if this question has been answered already. 
Thanks! :)

Jan 16, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #98 of 195

Hi, DjBobby.
Are you sure that the Resume mode on your X1 is already set to "Song" or "Position"?

Thanks a lot, saved my day! Have somehow overlooked that in the settings 
beerchug.gif

Jan 17, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #102 of 195
We will able to be use as uabdac by firmware update?

No - the DAC isn't unlockable for PC use on the X1.  To do that you'd need the X3ii - or even look into the separate Q1 (it is a really nice little amp/dac - and you could stack this with X1 also)

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #103 of 195
Is it possible to get the channel imbalance after the firmware update, both ho and lo, or is it more probably a deterioration of the jack output? Somehow hear more and more channel imbalance, which I could almost swear was not there before. No ears to blame, as I've compared X1 with other daps.

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #104 of 195
One thing I've been experiencing since the 1.6 firmware update is my unit hanging more frequently.

It has happened maybe 4-5 times now.

I'm using it paired with a Q1, and when I turn it on, it first displays the lineout warning message and you have to press OK before continuing. I've noticed if I leave it on that prompt for a while it will hang, and I have to restart it using a pin.

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #105 of 195
Is it possible to get the channel imbalance after the firmware update, both ho and lo, or is it more probably a deterioration of the jack output? Somehow hear more and more channel imbalance, which I could almost swear was not there before. No ears to blame, as I've compared X1 with other daps.

I can't say I've noticed any difference with the channels,the sound is fine with me. Have you tried reapplying the update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back