Official X-fi Prelude Specifications
May 14, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #31 of 38
well if there weren't enough incentive to mess up my xfi trying to hotrod it before, this should do the trick.

Nothing like goofing it and having to do a mandatory upgrade

May 17, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems it's become offiical:

This from Auzentech support:

"We are planning to develop the next generation board the 'Auzen X-Tension HDMI 1.3'. It will offer the high quality sound of Dolby-HD and DTS-HD"

All the talk about less clutter, I don't think it's get better then this
1 cable to carry upto 24/192Khz 8 channels of discrete digital....

That will be beyond awesome. This will make the PC the perfect transport to the new digital amps coming out. I can only imagine what this will be like in the future: MLP through HDMI into an ICEPower amp.... drool...

May 18, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #36 of 38
This card will be a replacement for the entire X-fi line. The X-fi cannot compete with a X-meridian for music and movie quality. It just has better components and thus better sound quality. The new card they are building is similar to the X-meridian but will have the X-fi processor at the heart of it. So yes it will be one wicked card and will leave a X-music in the dust...easily. I would definatley wait.

May 18, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #37 of 38
Further info regarding Opamp choice for the Auzen Prelude

Currently the card will be using the swappable opamp design on the front opamp only and all others are hard wired. They will be using the LM4562 for the front channel opamp and the OPA2134 for the remaining channels. The LM4562 Opamp is used by most X-Meridian owners who replace their opamps as it sounds amazing. In fact alot of X-fi users are hearing how good these amps are and soldering them into the X-fi. The rest of the Opamps are the OPA2134 which have been used extensivley in audio gear and headphone amps. They are great amps also. Here's the spec sheets for those that can understand them.

LM4562
http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LM4562.html

OPA2134
http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folder...t/opa2134.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back