Official X-fi Prelude Specifications
May 12, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #16 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
16-bit to 24-bit recording sampling rates: 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 24, 32,
44.1, 48 and 96kHz

Hmm...no 192kHz recording...

May 12, 2007 at 8:01 AM Post #17 of 38
I wouldn't be worried about driver support. the current creative drivers are working flawlessly on my system (which is running vista ultimate on a Via 1.5Ghz processor...)

May 12, 2007 at 11:02 AM Post #18 of 38
^ I am not
smily_headphones1.gif
I had no problem with creative drivers, but a lot of folks do.

chong,
If you wanted 192 KHz recording, why would you buy this card? There are pro devices much better suited to recording work.

May 12, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #19 of 38
This is NOT a pro recording card. This will give you the ability to record some quick tracks if you need to but if your really into recording there are better units out there for this task that have features strictly for the task. That being said 24/96 is usually the standard for recording.

May 12, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like I said, if only it had balanced outs. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get a Zhaolu and zapfilter already
wink.gif

Balanced? There are a few sound cards with balanced analog outputs (such as the juli@), but it is pointless. If you are going to be investing in a balanced setup, you should have at minimum, a quality external DAC fed by digital coaxial input, not a sound card.

May 12, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #24 of 38
Well for the Micro Dac question....There are guys on AVSforum who have been comparing the X-Meridian to alot of DAC's and Receivers and the XM is besting alot of high quality gear. The ouput section on the Prelude is similar to the XM...hopefully it sound as good as the XM.

May 13, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Balanced? There are a few sound cards with balanced analog outputs (such as the juli@), but it is pointless. If you are going to be investing in a balanced setup, you should have at minimum, a quality external DAC fed by digital coaxial input, not a sound card.

You're probably right, but the computer enthusiast in my likes the idea...and who doesn't like less clutter? Just exploring my options
wink.gif

May 13, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #26 of 38
@n4k33n, It is hard to say as some of Auzen's earlier cards have Linux support that I know of. I even think that the XM has Linux drivers, BUT the X-fi'd do not correct? Which has me thiniing the Prelude will not have support for Linux..
atleast not when released.

May 13, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #28 of 38
I just want a decent external soundcard I can use with linux. This Xfi Xmod is kinda crappy. I might have to buy an alien dac if there is no other option

May 14, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #30 of 38
Seems it's become offiical:

This from Auzentech support:

"We are planning to develop the next generation board the 'Auzen X-Tension HDMI 1.3'. It will offer the high quality sound of Dolby-HD and DTS-HD"

All the talk about less clutter, I don't think it's get better then this
1 cable to carry upto 24/192Khz 8 channels of discrete digital....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back