Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Apr 30, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #1,306 of 2,001
Enjoying a nice cold brew right now. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 30, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #1,308 of 2,001
Enjoyed this one last night

May 3, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #1,311 of 2,001
Tonight's agenda, headphoning and drinking!  At the same time!  I'm getting crazy tonight!  
tongue_smile.gif

Two Brothers Resistance IPA to warm up with.  Piney.  Bitter, too.  70 IBUs.

Then this monster, Dogfish Head's new Centennial release celebrating 100 years of Robert Johnson.  Hellhound On My Ale.

Quote:
2011 marks the 100th birthday of Mississippi Delta bluesman Robert Johnson who, according to legend, sold his soul down at the crossroads in a midnight bargain and changed music forever. Working again with our friends at Sony Legacy (yup, the same folks we did our Miles Davis-inspired Bitches Brew with), Dogfish Head pays tribute to this blues legend by gettin the hellhounds off his trail and into this finely-crafted ale.
Hellhound is a super-hoppy ale that hits 100 IBUs in the brewhouse, 10.0 ABV, 10.0 SRM in color, and dry-hopped with 100% centennial hops at a rate of 100 kilos per 100 barrel brew-length. Can you tell we at Dogfish are stoked for this mighty musical centennial? To accentuate and magnify the citrusy notes of the centennial hops (and as a shout out to Robert Johnsons mentor Blind Lemon Jefferson) we add dried lemon peel and flesh to the whirlpool.

beerchug.gif

May 3, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #1,312 of 2,001
^
beerchug.gif

I'm enjoying a nice Orval tonight. It's a bit light for a 'trappiste' but it has a nice flavour.

May 3, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #1,313 of 2,001
Not much of a beer connoisseur but I enjoy the occasional Le Fin Du Monde or Hoegaarden. My tastes buds for beer line up well with most Belgian beers as far as I can tell.

May 13, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #1,314 of 2,001
I've been back in LA for a few days and wandered into one of my old watering holes.

They have 24th Street Pale on tap, from Strand Brewing in Torrance, California.

Holy crap is this stuff good. This is the third night I've been back for it. It's a deliciously hopped APA. Almost as good as my beloved Racer 5 and in the same league as Dogfish Head and Raging Bitch. I'm not really sure I could pick a favorite at this point.

It's a good thing I don't have a kegerator. It'd be tempting to pick up a few gallons and waste the better part of a week drinking it.

May 13, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #1,316 of 2,001

Quote:
I've been back in LA for a few days and wandered into one of my old watering holes.

They have 24th Street Pale on tap, from Strand Brewing in Torrance, California.

Holy crap is this stuff good. This is the third night I've been back for it. It's a deliciously hopped APA. Almost as good as my beloved Racer 5 and in the same league as Dogfish Head and Raging Bitch. I'm not really sure I could pick a favorite at this point.

It's a good thing I don't have a kegerator. It'd be tempting to pick up a few gallons and waste the better part of a week drinking it.

Raging Bitch, does it taste as good as it's name?

May 13, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #1,317 of 2,001
Oh man, You Guy's are killing Me, I have to lay off the sud's for awhile due to the blood pressure and My Wife (BOSS) whom Love's Me to death or did She say She would kill Me either way this suck's!

May 14, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #1,320 of 2,001
was just here for lunch: http://hopcatgr.com/main/About.aspx

If you are ever in Grand rapids you must go here. 49 taps and many more bottles. Always changing the lineup too. I had an Arcadia Hop Mouth, which is so much better on tap, and a Laguntas Wilco Tango Foxtrot. I was drawn by the name but it was pretty good. Not amazing but very drinkable. 
Also the fries are to die for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back