Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Aug 30, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #241 of 2,001
Hebrew_Rogue.jpg

Picked these up today. I have had the Rogue before and liked it a lot for an ale.

Sep 4, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #242 of 2,001
HeBrew_Stone.jpg

Picked up some more Stone and He'Brew. Good stuff

Sep 4, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #243 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hebrew_Rogue.jpg

Picked these up today. I have had the Rogue before and liked it a lot for an ale.

I hear good things about that Dead Guy Ale. I'll have to try it next.

What would you compare it to far as ales are concerned?

Sep 4, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #244 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by ziplock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear good things about that Dead Guy Ale. I'll have to try it next.

What would you compare it to far as ales are concerned?

I cannot really compare it other ales as I drink stouts mainly.
I tend to just enjoy the taste rather than really review a brew.

Rogue is some good stuff though.

Sep 5, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #245 of 2,001
Picked up some Samuel Adams Octoberfest and it isn't half-bad. Very drinkable, although a little sweeter than I would like. What bugged me the most is that it tasted just slightly watered down. My first time trying a marzen and I may still try some others from some local brewers while they are in season.

Sep 5, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #246 of 2,001
belg.jpg

Of course being at the microbrewery capitol of the USA (world?), one has to get behind the locals: Full Sail, Deschutes, McMenamins, Rogue, Bridgeport, etc. Although nothing warms you up after a day of snowboarding like the seasonals at Mt Hood Brewery.

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #247 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mmmmmm Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA....90 minutes of pure love.

x90.

But for everyday enjoyment, it's 60 minute IPA for me. Gotten to the point where I don't like to drink anything else!

These are the best bottled beers I've ever had. (My taste runs more to British-style session beers than to Belgians, Pilseners, etc.)

Sep 5, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #248 of 2,001
DarkAngel67'

If you like stouts (especially Russian Imperial Stouts)
You probably love Victory's STORM KING, eh? YUM!

Actually, everything Victory brews is first rate. They are a fantastic brewery in every regard. Nice guys, too!

And "Hair of the Dog" Wow! You really are a true beer fan. I haven't heard that name mentioned in a while, but I used to love their "Adam" when I could find it.

And if ANYBODY loves beer and is passing through Baltimore, it would be a real shame not to stop in at Max's on Broadway. It's a great, friendly little pub located in an old touristy fishing wharf. Impressive beer list!!

http://www.maxs.com/beerlist.php

Note how many of these are on tap today!

Sep 7, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #249 of 2,001
I'd like to join the beer club. I love the stuff but don't know much about the different types. I've tried a few different types but not mucch of the microbreweries. I just moved to Chicago recently and went to a place called Piece - they are a microbrewer/pizza joint in Wicker Park - they win awards for their brews... seems like every year. I'm a fan.

Of the widely available brews I particularly like:
Guinness
Killians
Warsteiner dunkel (not as widely avail I guess - but probably my favorite considering my limited exposure)

To think I only drank bland Bud, Bud Light, Miller light, Natty Light back in college... no wonder I didn't fall in love with this wonderful beverage till later in life.

Anyway any advice on what to try based on my likes above? Anyone in Chicago area know of some other good microbrews?

Cheers.

Sep 7, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #250 of 2,001
^ Since you are in Chicago I suggest seeking out the beers of Goose Island.
Also, 'tis the season so find a couple good Marzen lagers like Spaten Oktoberfest, and if available, Brooklyn Oktoberfest.

Welcome to the ever-growing world of Craft Beer Zealotry!

Prost!

Sep 7, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #251 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by ticomojo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to join the beer club. I love the stuff but don't know much about the different types. I've tried a few different types but not mucch of the microbreweries. I just moved to Chicago recently and went to a place called Piece - they are a microbrewer/pizza joint in Wicker Park - they win awards for their brews... seems like every year. I'm a fan.

Guinness
Killians
Warsteiner dunkel (not as widely avail I guess - but probably my favorite considering my limited exposure)

To think I only drank bland Bud, Bud Light, Miller light, Natty Light back in college... no wonder I didn't fall in love with this wonderful beverage till later in life.

Anyway any advice on what to try based on my likes above? Anyone in Chicago area know of some other good microbrews?

Cheers.

Sounds to me you like the darker beers.. Try something from Spaten, Pauliner, Youngs, or Belhaven. All of these have a great selection to choose from. Very tasty! Keep us posted.

Sep 7, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #252 of 2,001
any grass-fi's out there?
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #253 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluetick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DarkAngel67'

If you like stouts (especially Russian Imperial Stouts)
You probably love Victory's STORM KING, eh? YUM!

Actually, everything Victory brews is first rate. They are a fantastic brewery in every regard. Nice guys, too!

And "Hair of the Dog" Wow! You really are a true beer fan. I haven't heard that name mentioned in a while, but I used to love their "Adam" when I could find it.

And if ANYBODY loves beer and is passing through Baltimore, it would be a real shame not to stop in at Max's on Broadway. It's a great, friendly little pub located in an old touristy fishing wharf. Impressive beer list!!

http://www.maxs.com/beerlist.php

Note how many of these are on tap today!

Are you talking to me? I assume so as I am darkninja67 and I love stouts.

I do like Storm King. I recall having 2 Sam Adams Boston Lagers, then a 6 pack of Storm King and finished with a DFH 120 Minute IPA one night. I drank all that then proceeded to pass out like a light. Literally just dropped to the bed.

Old Rasputin is good too. Also love Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout. So many good beers.

Sep 7, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #254 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by ticomojo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Guinness
Killians

Cheers.

Since you are in the Illinois/Indiana area I think you should try to find something from 3 Floyds. Most of their brews are top rated.

Sep 7, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #255 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any grass-fi's out there?
biggrin.gif

20 or so years ago I was. Not anymore due to bad experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back