Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Nov 27, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #1,021 of 2,001

Quote:
The Chicory Stout isn't new.  It has been in their lineup for years.

Yeah.  By new I guess I meant different than the usuals on the shelf, as in seasonal.

Quite good, and easy drinking.  They're almost gone.  
blink.gif

Nov 27, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #1,022 of 2,001
I can't stop reading beer threads since I decided to go sober. It's almost pulling me back in and the 80+ beers I had in my cellar when I made the decision didn't help any. Luckly I'm down to 40ish with local guys coming over and combing through the collection and cleaning me out little by little :frowning2:

Quote:
The Pike Brewing Co. - XXXXX Pike Stout: Extra Stout (7.0% ABV, OG 1.073, 65 IBU)
- Hardly any aromatics at all
- Thick, smokey, burnt stouty goodness with a very nice hoppy bitterness
- similar aftertaste, slightly creamy too
- man I really love this beer, I highly recommend it for stout & ipa lovers
- I want a case of this stuff! 8/10

An amazing beer and at $3 for a big bottle I bought 6 after I tasted my first.

Quote:
So i finished watching the new show Brew Masters on the Discovery channel, from Dogfish Head brewery, and they made a Miles Davis tribute beer for the re-release from Sony records of his album Bitches Brew actually naming the beer Bitches Brew. Has anyone tried this beer, i have no idea when this episode was filmed or if they even make it anymore. Just curious.

They've already shipped all of the first batch but the second batch is on the way.

Quote:
Picked up at the post office today. 
tongue_smile.gif
 twelve bottles of beer…
Most of it will be saved for christmas/new year, but I've had one of them Paradox before, and it was absolutely delicious. Smooth, rich and with a complexity of flavors more often associated with vintage red wines.
And the Punk IPA of course, a (post)modern classic carrying a delightful punch.

I loved getting my "yeast sample for analysis" boxes from brewdog :)

Nov 27, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #1,023 of 2,001
Yup, Fujioka's and Tamura's has a decent selection of beers which they can bring in to the state and so does Whole Foods. Liquor Collection also has a nice selection but they're way over priced, I don't shop there unless I can't find what I'm looking for elsewhere. The Wine Shop also has some decent beers and their prices are quite good although not a cheap a Tamura's or Fujioka's. None of the mentioned shops can get in craft beers that are widely available in stores on the mainland which includes beers from Stone Brewing Co.

Quote:
I had a sixer of Oaked sent in (not ordered) from Cali. I kind of gave up on web orders, as from what I saw the shipping was too steep ($30+). I can't find any good places for this level of beer locally. All I know is Yoshioka's and Tamura's, which isn't as much as I would like.

Nov 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #1,024 of 2,001

Quote:
Yup, Fujioka's and Tamura's has a decent selection of beers which they can bring in to the state and so does Whole Foods. Liquor Collection also has a nice selection but they're way over priced, I don't shop there unless I can't find what I'm looking for elsewhere. The Wine Shop also has some decent beers and their prices are quite good although not a cheap a Tamura's or Fujioka's. None of the mentioned shops can get in craft beers that are widely available in stores on the mainland which includes beers from Stone Brewing Co.

I'm relatively new to this level of beer drinking, and have basically either been running blind or on the occasional well placed advice. That will help a bunch, thanks. 

Dec 1, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #1,030 of 2,001

Quote:
Quote:
STELLA ARTOIS !!!!!!

My fav daily beer. I used to live for 10 years in the town it's made in. When it is cloudy and rainy the whole city smells like Stella
biggrin.gif

I envy you!!!
It's hard and expensive to get it here, is very popular so you need to be aware when they arrive so you can buy enough bottles of it.

Dec 2, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #1,031 of 2,001
I really miss the Rock Bottom Brewery and Dogfish Head beers.  But, I support many local brews here:Half Pints is one of my favorites.  Canadian Beer-Fi Unite!

Oh, but I really like Smithwick's, Scottish and Irish Breweries, Innis and Gunn,  Sapporo is nice.  Alaskan Amber was one of my favorites when I was in the US.  There's just too many to drink and to appreciate!  I could list so many :p

Dec 3, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #1,032 of 2,001
dsc4200ninkasisleighr.jpg

Ninkasi - Sleighr Dark Double Ale (7.2% ABV)
- Light hint of rich dark malt aromatics
- Medium-heavy mouthy feel, very light CO2, almost creamy like a Stout
- Medium-light roasted/portery maltyness, light hint of bitter hops
- Trailing smooth, but slightly bitter hops finish
- I think this would go great with a Steak & Potatoes dinner
- It's a bit mild/mellow, nothing quite pops out, but it's a nice blend of everything
- I'd defiantly get it again, 7.5/10

Dec 5, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #1,033 of 2,001
dsc4207x.jpg

BridgePort - Nightcap Winter Ale (7.2% ABV)
- Very light hint of malt/grains aromatics
- Medium bodied mouthy feel, good amount of head when poured, but not very CO2 feeling
- Nice clean, clear grain/malt flavors, light hint of hops bitterness
- Slight hint of the Bourbon Oak Barrels ..
- Very clean finish, just a slight smooth trail of malts/grains
- I really like this alot, highly recommend it to anyone
- 8.5/10

Dec 5, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #1,034 of 2,001
dsc4220.jpg

Full Sail - Wreck the Halls: Hoppy Holiday Ale (6.5% ABV)
- Light fresh/dry hoppyness aromatics
- Medium bodied feel, crisp/clean but very nice hoppy bitterness
- It starts to smell more fresh/dry hoppy when I am drinking it .. this is good
- Again, nice clean, fresh/dry hoppy aftertaste finish, not too bitter, not too flowery/sweet
- Oh man I REALLY LIKE THIS ALOT! This is my fav Holiday beer yet!
- 9/10!

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #1,035 of 2,001
Arrogant person ALE!!!! or Santa's secret Mead. Great beer by Rouge...and Arrogant person Ale is by....well ARROGANT person ALE!!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back