Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Jan 14, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #631 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Friends,

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

This is how a glass should look when you're done with it. This is one of the best beers I've ever had. I was literally floored by how smooth this was compared to the regular Arrogant person ale, plus it has a stronger, better flavor. Some of the best malt that I've ever had in a beer. I'd give it a 95/100.

You should try and find the Stone 13th Anniversary Ale .. its a heavy hitter, but not face twisting strong..but man it gets ya buzzed fast.

Jan 14, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #632 of 2,001
With the dogfish IPA talk lately...I don't remember which ones I've had in the past. Most likely were the 90min, maybe the 60min, from bottles. Nothing is comming to mind, so they must not have cough my taste, as did Stone IPA & Ruination (both my all time favs to which I compare all other IPAs to)

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #633 of 2,001
img8129belhaventwistedt.jpg

Belhaven Twisted Thistle IPA (6.1% ABV)
- Very very light hoppy aromatics
- Amber malty & semi-sweet flowery hops taste
- light-creamy-ish feel, clean after taste
- I'd call it IPA Ultra Lite, prolly good during a very hot day
- Possible I'd get it again, would recommend it for a ultra lite IPA noob

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #635 of 2,001
I'm drinking a New Belgium 2 Below at the moment. I think it's an IPA, but not quite as aggressively hopped as I prefer. Still, very drinkable and I am planning to have another and possibly another.

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #636 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm drinking a New Belgium 2 Below at the moment. I think it's an IPA, but not quite as aggressively hopped as I prefer. Still, very drinkable and I am planning to have another and possibly another.

on a wednesday night? i wish....

Jan 15, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #637 of 2,001
My beer adventures of late:

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale - I've put down a few cases of this over the winter. I can't believe that it's the same price as their standard pale ale. Generous on the hops, a bit of malt to balance and a higher than avg abv to get you krunk with your buddies. Not the best brew in town, but the bang for your buck in unbelievable.

Sierra Nevada Big Foot Ale - This is another one of those brute force beers (duhh its a barleywine). Lots of hops, lots of malt, lots of alcohol. Not as cheap as the celebration ale (which comes in a 12 pack), but I still look forward to trying it annually as the yearly edition comes out.

Chimay blue - I got this one for my birthday. It's hard for me to explain this one because I don't often drink beer from this genre. It's dark in color, sorta reminiscent of a porter in that there is a touch of cofee/chocolate. Mostly the flavor is that typical belgian sweet/malty/fruity flavor, where any dryness or bitterness seems to come from the fruit rather than from hops. It was rich in flavor and enjoyable, but not my cup of tea. GIMME HOPS!

Jan 15, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #638 of 2,001
4095778124_c171547fb2.jpg

Had a bottle of Life & Limb the other night and really enjoyed it. This Ale was a limited brew callaboration between Sierra Nevada and Dogfish Head with about only 3000 cases brewed and released. It was hard as hell to locate the few cases that I've found and when I went back a few days later to try and buy a few more bottles, it was completely sold out. The beer pours dark like an Ale but tastes surprisingly smooth. In fact the brew leans bit towards the sweet side which is the characteristic of honey being added to it. I have a few more bottles stored away and plan to let it age for about a year before sampling it again.

Jan 16, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #640 of 2,001
img8135elysianavatarjas.jpg

Elysian Avatar Jasmine IPA (6.3% ABV)
- Hardly any aromatics at all
- Very light, light wheat grains, light hoppy taste
- Light wheat/hefeweizen type feel, also light aftertaste
- Not bad for what I was expecting, it's like a light hefe/IPA
- Would get it again, and recommend for a hefe liker who wants a hint of IPA hoppyness, 7.5/10

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #641 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
on a wednesday night? i wish....

Not just on Wednesday nights, but almost every night.
smily_headphones1.gif

i work long hours and usually drop in for a couple of pints every night. One of my few vices and (supposedly) is good for your heart.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm not so sure about that, but I can say it is good for the soul.

At the moment, I am at my very favorite bar enjoying a pint of Sierra Nevada. $3 pints cannot be argued with!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #642 of 2,001
img8140ayingerbrauweiss.jpg

Ayinger Brau-Weisse
- Light wheat grain & citrus aromatics
- Crisp, hefe-weizen grain & citrusy taste, clean after taste
- A great Hefe, will buy it again & recommend it! 8/10

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #643 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not just on Wednesday nights, but almost every night.
smily_headphones1.gif

i work long hours and usually drop in for a couple of pints every night. One of my few vices and (supposedly) is good for your heart.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm not so sure about that, but I can say it is good for the soul.

At the moment, I am at my very favorite bar enjoying a pint of Sierra Nevada. $3 pints cannot be argued with!
smily_headphones1.gif

i am truely jealous, though tonight is friday so thats ok. But i work mids right now(9pm tp 7am) so its hard finding a bar thats open by 8am
frown.gif
and drinking before work is obviously out of the question...grr...though its nice the days i have off cause i can keep partying way longer than everyone else
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #644 of 2,001
img8144supergooseipa.jpg

Hales Ales Supergoose IPA
- Light Spicey, Dry Hoppy Flowery aromatics
- Light~Medium feel, Fresh Spicey-ish Flowery Hoppy bitter taste, hint of maltyness
- Similar aftertaste, cleans up after a few seconds, but a light lingering maltyness
- Pretty good IPA, defiantly different, but similar to Stone IPA in the fresh/Flowery IPA
- Would get it again, recommend for a slightly different IPA lover, 8/10

Jan 16, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #645 of 2,001
img8149feuillien.jpg

St Feuillien Cuvee de Noel
- Dark malt, honey, molasses malty aromatics
- molasses malty & ginger bread spice taste
- Fairly clean aftertaste, trails of the molasses/ginger bread malt lingering
- Different for sure, if you like ginger bread molasses cookies, you'll like this.
- Possible seasonal will buy again, 6.5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back