Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
May 1, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #1,111 of 1,494
Thank you! Is that a new function? I found an older reddit where somebody complained that the led could not be turned off.

It’s counter intuitive. To turn the blue flash of you have to disable the feature that stops music when you remove the bud from the ear

May 1, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #1,112 of 1,494
Thank you! Is that a new function? I found an older reddit where somebody complained that the led could not be turned off.
It’s counter intuitive. To turn the blue flash of you have to disable the feature that stops music when you remove the bud from the ear

Other way around: if you disable the feature which turns off after 5 minutes of no use, the auto flashing will kick in to let you know they're active. So to turn it off, you need to enable the feature.

May 1, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #1,113 of 1,494
Thank you so much. Will it still be possible to listen to only one bud without the other one flashing and without the first one stopping the playback?
As I said I wish to fall asleep listening to music. I read somewhere that these are really not comfortable, which would somewhat defy that purpose...

May 1, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #1,114 of 1,494
Thank you so much. Will it still be possible to listen to only one bud without the other one flashing and without the first one stopping the playback?
As I said I wish to fall asleep listening to music. I read somewhere that these are really not comfortable, which would somewhat defy that purpose...

Yes if you only take one bud out of the case. Comfort is totally individual but I have no problem using them 6-7 hours straight. You will no be able to lie on your side with a bud in the ear facing the pillow though

May 1, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #1,116 of 1,494
Right, brilliant. That is the whole point of the business. I wish to take the one facing the pillow out and listen to the other one.

I sleep with a wired Q-Jays V2 connected to my iPhone with audio books playing. The are so deep in the ears that I don’t feel them when sleeping on my side and the cable over ear and down the back so it does not get tangled even when turning in my sleep and the phone under my pillow

May 4, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #1,118 of 1,494
So how are these fairing these days? Might try to pickup a pair on eBay. Do they have any competition in the price range?

They should be ok for a cheeky 5km right?

Depends on how much you sweat and how well you can get them to sit. They have no ip rating and for many they don’t sit solidly enough for physical activity. For me they are fine for walking, don’t do running on principle

May 4, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #1,119 of 1,494
So how are these fairing these days? Might try to pickup a pair on eBay. Do they have any competition in the price range?

They should be ok for a cheeky 5km right?
I do run with them and they worked fine.I wear them 80 degree compare to 90 degree like Sony's instructions with Sedna Light Short tips.

May 5, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #1,121 of 1,494
Lastly, how do these sound compared to WI-1000X? Been rocking them for ages now hence looking for a change :D

I'm not crazy about noise cancelling, it's just a very nice perk for me. Used to not having it. If there is something with better sound in the price range also let me know.

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #1,122 of 1,494
Lastly, how do these sound compared to WI-1000X? Been rocking them for ages now hence looking for a change :D

I'm not crazy about noise cancelling, it's just a very nice perk for me. Used to not having it. If there is something with better sound in the price range also let me know.
If you already have WI-1000X,you would be better off waiting for WH-1000XM4 and hence WI-1000XM3 to launch.
Of course, if you can get these on eBay refurbished for less than 100USD then of course go for it.

May 5, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #1,124 of 1,494

If you already have WI-1000X,you would be better off waiting for WH-1000XM4 and hence WI-1000XM3 to launch.
Of course, if you can get these on eBay refurbished for less than 100USD then of course go for it.

The WI-1000XM2 literally just came out like two months ago. I don't think we will see a WI-1000XM3 for a while.

I haven't heard the WI-1000X in a really long time, but I feel like the resolution on the wf-1000xm3 is better. The tuning of both is very much the Sony house sound, a little bass heavy while not trying to step to much on the other frequencies. I'm not a fan of the Sony house sound personally, but other than that you have the same app to change the sound to your liking.

The sound cancelling I felt was better on the WI, and you get the convenience of ldac and going wired for airplanes.

The WF though feels more comfortable if you can get the right tips and insertion method. Getting a good fit can be frustrating but you get a tremendous sense of satisfaction when you get it down. Portability is also better, but the wi-xm2 folds down very small. You will still get a much better clean up time and deploy time on the wf, which doesn't seem like much but I feel like it is huge. You have less of a mental barrier when you want to listen to music but aren't sure if you have time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back