Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Nov 23, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #1,471 of 1,494
Apologies if that question has been asked before, but I just received my wf-1000xm3 and even the largest tips that come with them don't seal my ear properly.

Highly appreciated if someone had a recommendation or could point me to the right thread.
I had that problem and ended up with either Final Audio E or Sedna Earfit Crystal or Sedba Xelastec

Nov 23, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #1,472 of 1,494
Apologies if that question has been asked before, but I just received my wf-1000xm3 and even the largest tips that come with them don't seal my ear properly.

Highly appreciated if someone had a recommendation or could point me to the right thread.

i also had the same problem with the stock L tips, it can make a seal, but not too comfortable or easily break seal when i moved. Try any other L tips that you have, usually it would work just fine. if you want to maintain the same tip height as the original one, you can try shorter tips like Spinfit CP360, for instance.

i usually use Sony Hybrids, but nowadays i use a wide bore TWS tips that i got from my other TWS (tronsmart)

Nov 23, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #1,473 of 1,494

I use the spinfit cp360. It was made specifically for the xm3 and similar TWS iems. Fits beautifully and sounds great.

Nov 24, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #1,475 of 1,494
I am right now consider upgrading to XM4 or MTW2. Looking forward to reading your impression.
I am really satisfied with the XM3s.

First of all the bluetooth is perfect, instant connection and 100% stable, I have never had a fall.

With MTW2 the connection was capricious and I often lost the connection.

I really like the app and the ANC is great. The fit is very good with the larger stock tips and also the comfort.

I find the sound really beautiful and engaging. Nice fat and full bodied but controlled bass, beautiful vocals and authentic timbre, not offensive treble.

I'm a fan of Sennheiser over ear, but these XM3s are a win over MTW2 for me.

Even more considering the € 80 less expense.

Nov 30, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #1,477 of 1,494
Regular Price in Germany is 99€ now. But I'm looking at eBay first, will not pay more than 50€ for a used one.
I’ll sell you my 2 1/2 years old ones for €50 plus shipping from Denmark if you want, I have not used them since I got the XM4. They were used about 2 days a week for 3 hours per day for 1 1/2 years and are in decent cosmetic condition

Dec 1, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #1,478 of 1,494
I’ll sell you my 2 1/2 years old ones for €50 plus shipping from Denmark if you want, I have not used them since I got the XM4. They were used about 2 days a week for 3 hours per day for 1 1/2 years and are in decent cosmetic condition
How much is the shipping cost? How long does the battery still last?
Anyway, thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind. The used ones get sold on eBay for ~60€ +4,99€ shipping, so your price is decent (if the shipping doesn't break the back :))

But I'm still pondering going for new ones anyway.

To be honest, first I was appalled by the lack of aptx, but then I'm gonna pair it with iPhones anyway. And, you guys said that the quality is still better than aptx TWs, even when used on android. Is that true?

Dec 1, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #1,479 of 1,494
How much is the shipping cost? How long does the battery still last?
Anyway, thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind. The used ones get sold on eBay for ~60€ +4,99€ shipping, so your price is decent (if the shipping doesn't break the back :))

But I'm still pondering going for new ones anyway.

To be honest, first I was appalled by the lack of aptx, but then I'm gonna pair it with iPhones anyway. And, you guys said that the quality is still better than aptx TWs, even when used on android. Is that true?
AAC on the XM3s sound gorgeous on android as they do on my iPhone. I have both phones and can’t tell the difference.

Dec 1, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #1,480 of 1,494
The new XM4 was going as low as USD200 here in Malaysia during the recent sale period. Almost pulled the trigger but then I’m still enjoying the XM3 so didn’t want to impulse buy.

Dec 4, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #1,482 of 1,494
Hello, another user for the club :)

I was in doubt whether to buy the XM3 or the XM4, but I tried both and I liked the sound of this version better. A more balanced and less dark sound.

None of the included earplugs were 100% perfect for me and I have used a long earplugs from other headphones and now the comfort and isolation is perfect.

Definitely these headphones are a marvel in sound but with a somewhat strange ergonomics that can make many users do not get the proper placement.

But if you get a good seal I think for the price you can find them now, they are unbeatable.

Greetings from Spain.

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #1,483 of 1,494
Hello guys! I'm currently looking to get a TWS earphones for abit of music / calls / videos when i'm out, the XM3 is going for around 133 usd and XM4 for around 200 usd. I tried out the airpods pro too but am still stuck trying to decide which to get. Any suggestions guys?

Apr 9, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #1,484 of 1,494
Hi ya'll

It seems like I can find 2 different models of the same earbud online:

> ‎WF1000XM3B.CE7

and

> WF-1000XM3/B

the CE7 looks like it is an EU version, are there any differences between volume with these? I know EU products tend to volume cap their product versions. CE7 is very cheap compared to the /B version on amazon Canada so I'm wondering if I should just import from someplace else.

Thanks!

Apr 10, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #1,485 of 1,494
the CE7 looks like it is an EU version, are there any differences between volume with these? I know EU products tend to volume cap their product versions. CE7 is very cheap compared to the /B version on amazon Canada so I'm wondering if I should just import from someplace else.

Thanks!
Check out post #1084 and possibly PM member nc8000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back