Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Nov 26, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #706 of 1,494
What's the tapping sequence to adjust the volume ?
In the Connect app’s Settings for left and right earbuds’ taps, you have to dedicate one of them to volume control.
For the battery of the charging case, you can see on the top right of the Connect app.

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #708 of 1,494
In the Connect app’s Settings for left and right earbuds’ taps, you have to dedicate one of them to volume control.
For the battery of the charging case, you can see on the top right of the Connect app.
ok so you lose pause/play and next track if you had that on the right side for instance with ANC toggle on the left. I find it easier to control volume from the phone than pause/next. I thought they had added an actual tapping gesture like double or triple tap.

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #709 of 1,494
ok so you lose pause/play and next track if you had that on the right side for instance with ANC toggle on the left. I find it easier to control volume from the phone than pause/next. I thought they had added an actual tapping gesture like double or triple tap.
Yeah me too until I realized it after updating. I usually use the phone or my Apple Watch for volume control anyway.
The charging case battery level indicator, though not real time, is useful as until now, there was no way of finding out. Even cheap TWS have 3 to 4 indicator lights.

Nov 29, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #710 of 1,494
I can’t decide between my AirPods Pro and my Sony WF-1000XM3 as my favorite TWS so I won’t. I need both my left hand and my right hand to clap.

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #713 of 1,494
Anyone else started getting any random split second audio dropouts? Started for me about a week ago or so, not sure if related to this update or not. Streaming from iPhone 11 Pro Max, which is also connected to Apple Watch 4. I haven't changed anything and it used to work flawlessly. Phone is in my hand or pocket as it happens, so interference or distance shouldn't be it. App is, and always has been, set to quality as priority.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #714 of 1,494
No but every few weeks I get drop outs of several seconds and a few times the phones just stop playing anything despite my iPhone saying they are connected and the Sony app saying they are connected and playing. Put them in the case and take them out and all is fine. Has happened on all fw versions but perhaps 3-4 times in the 4-5 months I've had them so very rarely

Nov 30, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #715 of 1,494
Hello, i just bought a pair of WF-1000XM3, after two years of WF-1000X. Despite of a general improvement (touch controls, better audio quality, better battery....) i find the ear piece too short, and the earbuds itself a bit too big.

Tried already every set of caps in the bundle, and i found out that the best for me are the Medium ones. But still too short for my ears, i have to press hard every time, to fit to the best possible. I would like to keep them, but i am wondering for returning them to the seller.

WF-1000X are smaller so i never had this problem. What's your suggestion? Regards

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #716 of 1,494
Hello, i just bought a pair of WF-1000XM3, after two years of WF-1000X. Despite of a general improvement (touch controls, better audio quality, better battery....) i find the ear piece too short, and the earbuds itself a bit too big.

Tried already every set of caps in the bundle, and i found out that the best for me are the Medium ones. But still too short for my ears, i have to press hard every time, to fit to the best possible. I would like to keep them, but i am wondering for returning them to the seller.

WF-1000X are smaller so i never had this problem. What's your suggestion? Regards
Not of any help but i sold my WE-XM3 because it would not seal in my right ear .. Left was fine ,without that seal you are losing Bass And Noise canceling.

Nov 30, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #717 of 1,494
Same here, the XM1 were fine but I tried for weeks and never found a solution for XM3 even with a slew of different eartips, SpintFit, Final E, Comply, etc...Well I could ram them in my ears but that only works for a few minutes. Some people have ears for which the Sony system is adapted but if you look at the feedback here and elsewhere I'd guesstimate that it's less than 50% of the people who've tried them.

Same here, the XM1 were fine in terms fo fit but I tried for weeks and never found a solution for XM3 even with a slew of different eartips, SpintFit, Final E, Comply, etc...Well I could ram them deep in my ears but that only works for a few minutes. Some people have ears for which the Sony system is adapted but if you look at the feedback here and elsewhere I'd guesstimate that it's less than 50% of the people who've tried them. Probably the TWEs with the most fit complaints. I'm a big fan of ANC though and I've happily moved on to the Amazon Echo Buds since, see the main TWE thread for more feedback about them.

Nov 30, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #718 of 1,494
Same here, the XM1 were fine in terms fo fit but I tried for weeks and never found a solution for XM3 even with a slew of different eartips, SpintFit, Final E, Comply, etc....

Oh, well......and i was about to order a set of Comply caps in soft foam. I was already addicted to the touch commands but i cna't stand the "loose" fit, so seems like i have to give up and get back to my beloved WF-1000X. So Sony improved everything else BUT the shape. What they were thinking.

Such a disappointment, these new one XM3 were under my wish list since July :frowning2:

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #719 of 1,494
Hah I'm having fitment issues too. The same medium size Sony tips I always use for my other IEMs wouldn't fit my left ear.
EDIT: Other tips seem to work better than the triple comfort tips.

Also the manual shows that you have to turn them sideways once you inserted them, but doing so makes them looser.

More quick impressions: Apparently ANC can even reduce "internal" microphonics such as those made when you move your joints.
Playback controls doesn't work with poweramp. Works after the update.
Volume sync doesn't work either, volume is controlled separately between the buds and the phone.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #720 of 1,494
Also the manual shows that you have to turn them sideways once you inserted them, but doing so makes them looser.

I tried that "twisting" movement and seems like it's a bit better now. I want to try some foam tips ( the stock one are too short )

EDIT:

Seems like i got a good compromise. Medium silicon tips + i twist and push 10 times in the ears, putting them on horizontal and seems a good fit. So more or less problem solved!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back