Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Aug 4, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #2,431 of 4,314
I’ve just been thinking of connecting my DMP-Z1 to my Sony STR-DN180 AVR, using RCA input, using the cable pictured. ( Not sure what this cable is from ??….but it doesn’t work ) It doesn’t look like a typical RCA connection, not sure if it’s a phono connection / lead ??
Phono is still RCA. There must be another reason why it doesn’t work. Perhaps the input selection on the receiver ?

Aug 4, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #2,433 of 4,314
Phono is still RCA. There must be another reason why it doesn’t work. Perhaps the input selection on the receiver ?

The input selection is “video 1”, which I was using with a Sony mini disc player. As I said, I don’t know what this cable was with, or if I just bought it separately, but I turned up the volume high & no sound.

Do I have to set anything on the DMP-Z1 ?? I assume you should be able to use any AVR with RCA inputs ??

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #2,434 of 4,314
The input selection is “video 1”, which I was using with a Sony mini disc player. As I said, I don’t know what this cable was with, or if I just bought it separately, but I turned up the volume high & no sound.

Do I have to set anything on the DMP-Z1 ?? I assume you should be able to use any AVR with RCA inputs ??
Should be able to as long as it is at the correct input. The DMP Z1 connection will need to light up whether balanced or single ended ? If you can hear the sound from 3.5mm on DMP Z1 the. The rca cables as pictured should work

Aug 17, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #2,438 of 4,314
I succeeded in creating the strongest portable player system and the strongest koss ksc-75

Source DMP-Z1 (External Power-Lg hg2 + Hybrid dc Cable Made of Bridged Diamond and Picolodiamond)

Digital Cable: burubeat audio Ultra Fantasia c to micro b

DAC: Chord Hugo2

interconnect: Nordost ODIN replica

Amplifier: Mass-Kobo model404 (External Power- a123 Iron Phosphate + Fury Fire + Wire Dream 3% + 7% Gold Silver Alloy Wire)

Headphones: Koss ksc-75 parts express headband

Attachments

• 20210530_211112.jpg
    20210530_211112.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Aug 17, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #2,441 of 4,314
I succeeded in creating the strongest portable player system and the strongest koss ksc-75

Source DMP-Z1 (External Power-Lg hg2 + Hybrid dc Cable Made of Bridged Diamond and Picolodiamond)

Amplifier: Mass-Kobo model404 (External Power- a123 Iron Phosphate + Fury Fire + Wire Dream 3% + 7% Gold Silver Alloy Wire)

What's the point of using a DMP-Z1 when you are using an external DAC and amp? Just a source? What's the merit in that?

Aug 17, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #2,442 of 4,314

You misspelt "most idiotic."

Aug 17, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #2,444 of 4,314
Most Strongest ≠ Most Idiotic
You may not like it; apparently it's an acquired taste 😝
I have nothing against idiocy for the sake of idiocy, but this set-up above doesn't even make any sense! As the chap above says, if the source is a DMP-Z1 running into a Hugo 2, then you might as well replace the DMP-Z1 with any kind of normal Android device/phone.

I can only assume it's either trolling or some kind of avant-garde statement on the excesses of high-end gear (to wit, the inclusion of a $20 pair of Koss KSC75 as the cherry on the cake). If so, bravo!

Then again, he might just be a millennial.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #2,445 of 4,314
I have nothing against idiocy for the sake of idiocy, but this set-up above doesn't even make any sense! As the chap above says, if the source is a DMP-Z1 running into a Hugo 2, then you might as well replace the DMP-Z1 with any kind of normal Android device/phone.

I can only assume it's either trolling or some kind of avant-garde statement on the excesses of high-end gear (to wit, the inclusion of a $20 pair of Koss KSC75 as the cherry on the cake). If so, bravo!

Then again, he might just be a millennial.
Personally I applaud innovation and thinking outside the box.... although I must admit he had me at 'parts express headband' 🤡
Truth be known is that the DMP-Z1 is quite the conversation starter when used purely as paper weight, and you may be surprised to know that it also doubles as an excellent doorstop too. Now that's what I call versatile !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back