OFFICIAL: Second Annual Northern NJ Meet 2009 - July 25
Jun 18, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #31 of 228
Its a two and half hour drive for me but I'll try to be there for my first ever meet! I can get to hear some great piece of gear and see what I'm missing out on. I do not have a DAC but I can bring whatever little I have.

K501
CIAudio VHP-2/VAC-1
(dont know if I would have pulled the trigger for a D5000 by then)

Thanks.

Jun 18, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #32 of 228
Mark me down as a possible attendee.

I'll drive 14+ hours from the midwest to hang with you guys anytime
smily_headphones1.gif

[size=xx-small]Actually I might be buying a Jeep from Enigma so this is just a really nice coincidence but you get the idea[/size]

wink.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #34 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mark me down as a possible attendee.

I'll drive 14+ hours from the midwest to hang with you guys anytime
smily_headphones1.gif

[size=xx-small]Actually I might be buying a Jeep from Enigma so this is just a really nice coincidence but you get the idea[/size]

wink.gif

I'll be doing that in around 11 months
wink.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #35 of 228
Answers
======

My trip got cut short (no one's buying anything in this damn recession) so I will be back in NJ on Friday, and will go to the hotel in person, sign the contract etc. Will examine the room for electric power, get a large number of tables, see if they will set them up, and push for a 7:30 or 8 a.m. open time.

Will report back -- worry not, they won't say "no" to a Jersey guy.

Not the same hotel as last year -- don't get lost!

Jellojoe -- I will bring a Stax amp that has both normal and pro bias jacks.

Vcoheda -- you're not on the "yes" list. Let's go Dave, get it together. We want to hear the Woo!

Jinp6301 -- contact Head-Direct's Fang (send a PM to Nankai) ... he's in Bayside, Queens if that's where you are starting from.

MD1032 -- will PM you my cell-phone. Keep it off the walls of gas station men's room stalls if you don't mind (ladies rooms OK, if you happen to find yourself in one).

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #36 of 228
i'm still deciding. i'm probably in, but i'm not sure yet. not really a morning person. we'll see. . . as for the woo, it's not even out yet. also, the HD800 has exceeded my expectations. so much so, that i am considering gettting rid of my stats.
eek.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #37 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm still deciding. i'm probably in, but i'm not sure yet. not really a morning person. we'll see. . . as for the woo, it's not even out yet. also, the HD800 has exceeded my expectations. so much so, that i am considering gettting rid of my stats.

So come late for the afternoon! It's not a meet without you. Stay for dinner.

Your KGSS and HE60 should fetch a fine price. What other stats will you be selling? How will you be driving your 800s? Are you going to go balanced? Will you bring them to the meet? Will any Senn balance cable like for the 650 work? (I guess the answers are in the HD800 thread but I am being lazy).

We gotta do a three-way A/B/C:

Best Beta 22 + 800s

vs

BHSE + 007s

vs

Full Orpheus

in the fall as a special NJ meet devoted to this "battle of the titans" if we can source everything. Who has BHSE? ... we can wrangle everything else. I say an upscale meet -- cigars and single malt -- leather chairs at a men's club somewhere. Who's in? No vendors. I'll bring SACD source. We'll assign John to the scotch and Matt to stogies. I bet I can get local TV coverage.

Jun 18, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #38 of 228
800 and 650 use totally different cables/connectors.

i'll probably come to the meet. just don't want to commit yet. i would say i am 50/50 but leaning toward attending. i would bring my G08 > B52 > 800 (single ended).

Jun 18, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #39 of 228
Gear List (assuming I'm not scheduled to work):

Koss ESP950
Fitz modded ATH-W1000

Koss E90 (bleh, I know, but no $ for a stax amp yet)
Meier HA2 MK2 SE

PS Audio Digital Link 3 (fed with whatever is on my laptop at the time)

Jun 19, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #40 of 228
I'll be there.

Gear list
Headphones
HeAudio Jade Electrostatic
Denon AH-D7000 (If J&R ever actually ships them to me)

Amps
WOO AUDIO GES (Loaded including Siltech internal wiring)
Audio-gd Phoenix

Source
Exemplar Audio DAC
Music Hall 25.2 DAC
If I have the energy my Exemplar Music Server, also Oppo 970HD as transport.

Accessories
Bunches of Siltech Cables
DIY Balanced Power Unit

Jun 19, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #41 of 228
Count me in, with a guest. My first meet!

Don't have much for gear. Couple of IEMs and Rockboxed ipod (no amp), which I bring everywhere. I'm kind of hoping this meet will show me what direction I want to take this hobby...

I can only come in the morning, so let me know how early things are getting started.

Probably means I'll miss a few things
frown.gif

Jun 19, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #42 of 228
Anyone bringing AKG K1000's?

I'd love to see how well my new Audio-gd Phoenix drives the K1000', so please bring them if you got em.

Jun 19, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #45 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by WooAudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woo Audio will attend the meet, bringing along a completed WES prototype, a WA5 or a WA5 LE, and more...

The WA5 would be preferable, so we can try those sweet 300b tubes without an adaptor
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back