Official samsung gear iconx 2018 thread
Oct 28, 2017 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

david8613

500+ Head-Fier
Ok guys the new samsung iconx 2018 true wireless earbuds should be out in the wild by now, please post your thoughts if you got them. I ordered these already and should have them by next week, I can't wait to get them.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 8
Nov 30, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 8
Just got mine yesterday.

My thoughts:

Fit
For me the fit is very good. I usually have issues with fit, especially with anything that is not over ear for working out. These thing have yet to give me any issues at the gym. Even the over ear earphone often require me to tice them a little tap/push while working out to keep this in place. I've to touch these for fit issues. BIG plus there for me.

I also like that these are much more low profile that most of the other options.

Connectivity
I do get dropouts from on or both sides, it usually for a split second. Seemed to be worse on my first day than today (day 2). This seems to be a fairly common issue with these type of BT earphones. Today it was infrequent enough that I can live wit it.

Call
Can't say yet. Had one call and there where issues at first got a little better later after a call back. But was at they gym with music playing in the background, so more testing is in order.

Audio quality
Before these I used my Audeze iSine 10 connected to a bluetooth receiver at they gym, so obviously these are a step (or several) down. I did find them to be lacking in the bass department (I like my bass, what can I say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). everything else was just there (mids & highs). So they where nothing special and not very fun for working out. They just got the job done.

Tonight I replaced the stock ear tips with some hybrid tips that I got with my Trinity Audio Atlas earphones. Now I get a MUCH better seal and there is a good amount more bass. Still not the best sounding earphone I've used, but more enjoyable now and I'm MUCH more satisfied.

I also found the max volume was fine for me, but I wished I could get a little more (admittedly I may listen louder than many), The hybrids helped a little here with there improved seal and isolation. But I'm still listening at 97% to 100% of max volume.

I usually use the largest tips available, but I'm using the medium hybrids and they fir great and fit fine into the charging cradle. The large hybrids might have an issue fitting or closing in the charging cradle (not really sure).

So if you find they lack too much bass for you taste look into some hybrid or other third party tips.

Truly Wirelessness (is that even a word? It is now!)
I always thought that "true wireless" earphones was kind of a cool idea but impractical. Always though there was I high probability I'd loose one or both of the buds as they where likely to fall out at some point and there was no wire between them to keep them together. Also Traditionally truely wireless BT earphones have had short battery life.

BUT I'm a believer now. Not having wires is FANTASTIC and more awesome than I thought. The charging case/cradle takes care of the other potential issues, it keeps the buds together and from getting lost. It also adds additional battery life to the already decent (for this type of earphone) 3 to 5 hours battery life.

Not perfect, but solid, especially after changing out the tips.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #4 of 8
hey guys still enjoying my iconx 2018, solid headset no problems.

I wanted to give iconx owners a heads up, there is a new firmware download through the gear app, it deals with the ai voice being too loud, faster ai response and some other things. I also notice they sound a little different now smoother clearer to me now. the update was super easy to do, great job Samsung...

Mar 20, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #5 of 8
do u guys hear some humming or noise while the music is on pause.

as I feel that its not dead silent when music is paused

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #6 of 8
I use mine almost everyday, and I can't say I remember hearing any humming at all in my iconx 2018, I am doing to double check today. I do hear some white noise with the sony wf1000x but I think that has to do with noise cancelling, My Jabra sports elites I can hear the ear buds cycling turning on and off like a little click, like it is looking for something when no music is on but once music is playing its great.

Mar 20, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #7 of 8
no humming in mine. do a hard reset to see if it goes away.

Mar 20, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back