Official: Pittsburgh, PA --Saturday, March 14
Mar 10, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #47 of 84
This looks awesome! So cool that this is going on in Pittsburgh, I'm also excited to check out Music To My Ear. I had no idea this store was there, but have always wished for something like it in Pittsburgh.

I will most likely bring AKG K550 and a FiiO E10.. not much compared to what'll be around there but it's what I have. If anyone wants me to bring UE 6000 or ATH-AD900 let me know and the HA-S400 I can throw in my pocket. Is anyone bringing IEMs? Wondering if I should bring my own ear tips, or if I should bring any of mine.

One last thing.. is this event open to the entire public? I have a couple friends who may not have Head-Fi accounts that may like to check this out.

Looking forward to this!

Mar 10, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #49 of 84
For IEMs I have HFM RE-400 and Shure SE525.
Full size I have a LCD-X ,HD650 and Momentum.
Amps Burson Soloist and Lyr.

Since they have the LCDs and HD650s I am not going to bring mine. The Lyr is noisy so I guess if I will go, I will bring the Burson and some IEMs with me.

Mar 10, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #50 of 84
For IEMs I have HFM RE-400 and Shure SE525.
Full size I have a LCD-X ,HD650 and Momentum.
Amps Burson Soloist and Lyr.

Since they have the LCDs and HD650s I am not going to bring mine. The Lyr is noisy so I guess if I will go, I will bring the Burson and some IEMs with me.

I'd love to hear the Burson.

Mar 10, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #51 of 84
How do these meets usually go as far as IEMs?  I ask as it's kind of a PITA to swap tips on my Shures; but I'll probably bring them incase anyone has a nice DAP I could fiddle with.

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #52 of 84
  How do these meets usually go as far as IEMs go?  I ask as it's kind of a PITA to swap tips on my Shures; but I'll probably bring them incase anyone has a nice DAP I could fiddle with.

I'm new to meets, and I personally don't use IEMs but you never know who might be interested. I can find my Sansa Clip if you would like to hear it. I'll also be bringing my 1/8" to 1/4" adapter and 1/4" to 1/8" adapter in case someone needs them.

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #53 of 84
I may not be able to attend, unfortunately, because I have to do a presentation at 2 pm.

Mar 10, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #54 of 84
I am 2 hours away in Ohio but depending on how my weekend shakes out I'm going to try and make it.

If I make it I can bring a Pioneer SE-A1000, Modded Denon Ah-D2000 & Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250 Ohm along with a Project Sunrise II Tube amp and a Music Hall 25.3 DAC/AMP combo due to arrive at my house on 3-12-15. Not the largest and most exotic collection but I make do with 'em.

I too am looking forward to visiting Music to my Ear. I find myself in Pitt. a lot for concerts and sporting events so that info is quite welcome

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #55 of 84
 Originally Posted by worminater 
  How do these meets usually go as far as IEMs go?  I ask as it's kind of a PITA to swap tips on my Shures; but I'll probably bring them incase anyone has a nice DAP I could fiddle with.

I have a pair of SE846s as well, and I'll be bringing a bunch of tips - silicone, foam, and otherwise. I'm going to bring an alcohol bath for the tips so multiple people can give them a try if they like.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #56 of 84
It looks like I'm in.  Not sure when I'll arrive or how long I'll stay.  Probably long enough to try everything out and chit chat around.  I bought my first pair of higher end headphones, a pair of HD600 from Music To Your Ears, a couple years ago so I'm famiar with them.  Great group of folks there.

I currently have a pair of HD700 that I'll probably leave home since Music To Your Ears has the full line of Sennheiser open backs.  I might bring my IE80s if there's any interest.  I also have a PanAm (with something like 6 sets of tubes) and a Fiio X3 I'd be more than happy to let people try if there's interest. 

Would it be considered poor form or rude to bring my stuff, but only stay long enough to try what I want to try and then leave?  I don't want to be an 'eat and run' type of person, but I also don't see myself wanting to be there all afternoon.

I'm somewhat irregular on head-fi and just learned about the meet from another member earlier in the week.  He went to a meet/greet last year and had nothing but good things to say.

I considered staying away.  My biggest concern is that I'm addicted to gear (I'm also a taper, so I've got many thousands invested in my audio recording rig) and I easily get upgrade-itis.  Sometimes when your budget is balanced and your marriage is in fairly good shape, ignorance about how good some gear sounds can be blissful.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #57 of 84
Looking like 70% chance I am gonna make it. If I do I hope to run into you stevetony as I am a deadhead and jam band fan for many years and tapers have been  saviors for decades.  I have been considering getting a taper rig and some sage knowledge would be welcome. Etree and archive.org get a lot of love from me thanks to tapers.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #58 of 84
  It looks like I'm in.  Not sure when I'll arrive or how long I'll stay.  Probably long enough to try everything out and chit chat around.  I bought my first pair of higher end headphones, a pair of HD600 from Music To Your Ears, a couple years ago so I'm famiar with them.  Great group of folks there.

I currently have a pair of HD700 that I'll probably leave home since Music To Your Ears has the full line of Sennheiser open backs.  I might bring my IE80s if there's any interest.  I also have a PanAm (with something like 6 sets of tubes) and a Fiio X3 I'd be more than happy to let people try if there's interest. 

Would it be considered poor form or rude to bring my stuff, but only stay long enough to try what I want to try and then leave?  I don't want to be an 'eat and run' type of person, but I also don't see myself wanting to be there all afternoon.

I'm somewhat irregular on head-fi and just learned about the meet from another member earlier in the week.  He went to a meet/greet last year and had nothing but good things to say.

I considered staying away.  My biggest concern is that I'm addicted to gear (I'm also a taper, so I've got many thousands invested in my audio recording rig) and I easily get upgrade-itis.  Sometimes when your budget is balanced and your marriage is in fairly good shape, ignorance about how good some gear sounds can be blissful.

Please feel free to stay as short or long a time as you like and to listen to anything you like or nothing at all. It's all up to you and would not be rude! Hope to see you Saturday!

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #59 of 84
  Looking like 70% chance I am gonna make it. If I do I hope to run into you stevetony as I am a deadhead and jam band fan for many years and tapers have been  saviors for decades.  I have been considering getting a taper rig and some sage knowledge would be welcome. Etree and archive.org get a lot of love from me thanks to tapers.

Awesome.  I hope to see you there as well!

I post my recordings to both of those sites.  My taper name/id is 'tonedeaf'.  Perhaps you've grabbed some of my recordings...I'm pretty active in the Pittsburgh jamband music scene and try to get out at least a couple times a month.  I'll be recording moe. at Mr. Smalls Sunday night.  :wink:

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #60 of 84
  Please feel free to stay as short or long a time as you like and to listen to anything you like or nothing at all. It's all up to you and would not be rude! Hope to see you Saturday!

Excellent, thanks joeq70.  I'm looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back