Official NYC Spring 2010 Meet Saturday, March 13th
Feb 10, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #151 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aaron, sorry I won't be able to make this meet. I swapped into being on call that weekend to help a colleague.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh, looks increasingly unlikely that I'll be able to attend.

Sad Monkey is sad.

Feb 11, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #152 of 402
Gear list updated. Not many people listed gear yet.

Let me know (here or by PM) if you have any updates to the page or ideas and tips. I always do the list too fast and copy-paste wrong, (usually "immtbiker L" gets writ 'cause of Doug) so you might want to check your own gear if you care.

Feb 11, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #153 of 402
Ooh what fun! A headphone meet.

I would like to bring:
Source:
Technics 1200 Turntable
Denon 103 cartridge
Cinemag SUT
DIY opamp based phono with passive RIAA

Something digital.

Amplifier:
The Silver Ghost
Maybe a Melos
AOS Flute (one of the first portable DAC/Amps)

Headphones:
HD800
DT880pro/250
K240sextet

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #155 of 402
I would've liked to be able to join in for yet another NY meet but right now I just can't swing the travel costs for 3 events 3 weekends in a row (the other two being the 2/27 NorCal meet and Axpona). And even if I could, none of the flight options that I checked out really work either.
frown.gif

But since I can't be there in person, I'd like to send out some gear to a trustworthy NY-area HF-er to display at the meet. It'd be one of these: Head-Direct HE-5 re-cabled with APureSound V3 (either balanced or single-ended), Stax SR-404LE, or SPL Auditor. The trustworthy HF-ers know who they are - I've met most of them.
wink.gif
Please note that I would prefer to not cover return shipping - instead of doing that I'll let the gear recipient audition the gear for a while (2 weeks at most). (But if the recipient wants the return shipping to be covered then my offer of auditioning the gear is retracted.)

2/15/10 edit: offer to send gear for the meet is retracted.

Feb 12, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #160 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will do (if I still have it).

thanks buddy, i just want to see how it performs with the 13's, im hoping to have either my slim or a protector by the meet so ill be bringing that along as well to compare

Feb 13, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #162 of 402
I will bring:

SACDmods DVP-NS755V transport
PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
cfcubed Compact Tube Hybrid amp
MD5000DE headphones
HF-1 headphones
Assorted tube flavors

Feb 13, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #163 of 402
Wanted Dead or Alive:

Beyerdynamic Tesla T1

Feb 13, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #165 of 402
This is awesome. This will be my first ever event. Finally, and opportunity to hear, feel, smell and touch all this headphone gear up front and personal. So I can finally make a clear and educated buying decision.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back