Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet - November 15th - Stamford Sheraton - Stamford, CT
Oct 24, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #121 of 257
I'm moving from Minnesota to New Jersey tomorrow. I plan on going. Looks like this will only be 90 minutes from me.

Oct 24, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #124 of 257

It's a NYC metropolitan area meet. If you don't like it don't come. Your loss. I hate to break it to you... LI is not NYC either. Moving along...

LOL, even though I'm originally from Eastern Connecticut (definitely not the NY Metropolitan area) and a lifelong Red Sox, Patriots, etc., etc., fan, I can say, unequivocally, as someone who lives in Queens, New York, that Stamford is definitely New York!

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #125 of 257
I just found out I'll be able to attend!!!

I'll be bringing my:

Sony MDR-Z7
Lawton modded TH600s (LA600?)

CEntrance HiFi-M8
ALO RxMk3 Amp paired with Cypher Labs Algorythm Solo db

I have other headphones, but those are the most interesting

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #126 of 257
That's good...and you're bringing a new Sony...bonus round 
wink.gif

Oct 25, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #127 of 257
Yes.  Not sure what I'll bring.  Probably AURALiC Taurus Mk II since the rest of what I have is pretty common.

If I have the Ragnarok, I'll bring it.  Same for DirectStream (it needs to go to PSA for service--unscrupulous eBay seller thinks a defective display is consistent with "mint.")

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #130 of 257
Think that I'll be able to make it.

Not sure what equipment I'll bring.

I suppose at a minimum I'll bring my Abyss headphones. 

It'll be good to catch up.

E

Yikes

Oct 26, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #131 of 257
  Tally-Ho!!!! Just got the Oppo HA-1 and the Teac UD-501 in to do some DSD'ing...

Not to mention the Stand for the HA-1 
blink.gif

will bring 'em along with Schiit Mjolnir and Burson Conductor...

Headgear will be as follows....

Audeze LCD 2.2        (Bellatone Reference Balanced)  (q-audio french silk Balanced) (Norne Skoll Balanced/TRS) 

Senn HD 800             (Norne Vanquish Balanced/TRS)

Senn HD 650             (Zu Audio Mobius TRS)

Grado PS500             (OEM TRS)

SoundMagic HP100   (OEM TRS)

SoundMagic HP200   (OEM TRS)

P.S. Will have a Plethora of DSD and Hi-Res files to play as well...

Peace... 
L3000.gif

Hey Mullet,

Please add the Fostex HP-A8c to the list - Will be running DSD and .aiff/.wav files from the SD card in the back!

with a WA6-SE to amp things up!!! I know Woo is attending but it's usually with stock tubes!!!

I'll have the Sofia Princess and the USAF-596 rectifier tubes...

Peace...
L3000.gif

Oct 27, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #133 of 257
Hey Gents! I'll be coming this year as well

Gear:

DX90
RWAK 100

Custom Grado Magnums with Cocobolo shells
Senn HD650's
Traulucent 1Plus2's
Heir 4a's
Phonek 232's
Fiio E17

For anyone who wants to try out...

If anyone has to sell...I'm looking for a portable amp...such as a T1...in that range to pair with the DX90 to get at the meet...

Steve from Queens

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #134 of 257
  Hey Gents! I'll be coming this year as well

Gear:

DX90
RWAK 100

Custom Grado Magnums with Cocobolo shells
Senn HD650's
Traulucent 1Plus2's
Heir 4a's
Phonek 232's
Fiio E17

For anyone who wants to try out...

If anyone has to sell...I'm looking for a portable amp...such as a T1...in that range to pair with the DX90 to get at the meet...

Steve from Queens

Looking forward to checking out that DX90. I know a few people say that its better than the AK240

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #135 of 257
Newbie question:  If I bring equipment, do I need to have a complete rig set up?  My music files are only on my Mac Mini which is my main computer and I don't want to bring it.  Is there any point to bringing in an amp or a dac without access to music files?  I don't have a portable device unless you count iPad/iPhone.

Edit:  I ordered a JRiver Id which not only streams audio, but also has a hard drive.  I'll bring that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back