Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet - November 15th - Stamford Sheraton - Stamford, CT
Oct 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #91 of 257
Hi Frank I,

Regrets if I am being too forward, but I'm wondering whether you have a contact at Philips.

It looks like their US launch for the Fidelio X2 is the same week of the meet. Plus, they have a large consumer product office right around the corner in Stamford, CT.

It would be great to see them and the X2 at the meet!

Heck, you could interview them about the new can ...
wink.gif

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #96 of 257
There's a good chance I'll have mine by then. I'll bring it if it arrives in time.

Incentive for me to go, woohoo! I'm hoping my schoolwork load won't be too much by that time, and I hope I can get my he-560s modded as well. 

Oct 19, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #97 of 257
  I am thinking about attending.  Are you sure about the free parking at the hotel?

I can double check with the hotel, but that's what I was told when I was initially seeking out rooms. If it weren't free would that deter you?

Should I add you to the list or hold off?

Oct 19, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #98 of 257
  Hi Frank I,

Regrets if I am being too forward, but I'm wondering whether you have a contact at Philips.

It looks like their US launch for the Fidelio X2 is the same week of the meet. Plus, they have a large consumer product office right around the corner in Stamford, CT.

It would be great to see them and the X2 at the meet!

Heck, you could interview them about the new can ...
wink.gif

I didn't realize that Philips had an office in Stamford. I will be sure to contact them to see if they are interested in joining us. It is on short notice, so it may not be possible. It is worth the try though.

Oct 19, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #99 of 257

I didn't realize that Philips had an office in Stamford. I will be sure to contact them to see if they are interested in joining us. It is on short notice, so it may not be possible. It is worth the try though.

Great! Pls be sure to coordinate with Frank I as he responded that he would try as well.

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #100 of 257

I can double check with the hotel, but that's what I was told when I was initially seeking out rooms. If it weren't free would that deter you?

Should I add you to the list or hold off?

It depends on what they charge, some big city hotels charge $30 or more for a day's parking.  If it is not too much trouble to double check on the parking that would be great.

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #102 of 257

It depends on what they charge, some big city hotels charge $30 or more for a day's parking.  If it is not too much trouble to double check on the parking that would be great.

So would you come if the parking was free and the event was $30? I double checked the contract. It includes complementary parking for overnight and day guests.

Oct 21, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #103 of 257

So would you come if the parking was free and the event was $30? I double checked the contract. It includes complementary parking for overnight and day guests.

This may sound crazy, but the answer to your question is yes!
biggrin.gif
  I will gladly spend $30 to support head-fi having these meets, but I do not want to spend $30 on parking that cost the hotel almost nothing for me to park there.  So, You can put me down as attending (assuming my wife's final approval the day of the event
frown.gif
) and I will donate $30 to the meet.  I will probably bring my HD 800's and if I see that someone will have an SACD player there I will bring some of my best SACD's.

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #105 of 257

This may sound crazy, but the answer to your question is yes!
biggrin.gif
  I will gladly spend $30 to support head-fi having these meets, but I do not want to spend $30 on parking that cost the hotel almost nothing for me to park there.  So, You can put me down as attending (assuming my wife's final approval the day of the event
frown.gif
) and I will donate $30 to the meet.  I will probably bring my HD 800's and if I see that someone will have an SACD player there I will bring some of my best SACD's.

I will be bringing a SACD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back