Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet - November 15th - Stamford Sheraton - Stamford, CT
Nov 12, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #226 of 257

I will have a balance adapter for my AK240>LCD-XC your welcome to try it. :D. The guys at Woo Audio might have HD650 balanced. I think they had one at the Brooklyn Stereo Convention.

Also I will be bringing one of my friends.

I have an HD650 with a balanced cable, but I have my cables terminated in mini 4 pin XLR.  Then I use little converter cables for the correct termination.  And for the life of me I can't find my mini 4 pin XLR to 4 pin XLR cable.  Its kinda annoying, so close to the meet.  But I do have the Hirose/RSA balanced end for my CLAS db/Rx Mk3 combo.  My Lawton TH600 and my DT1350 are also cabled this way.  So, if that's good enough, I can bring my HD650.  And hopefully that adapter will surface....

Forgot to mention, anyone have any RSA balance headphones? 

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #227 of 257

Forgot to mention, anyone have any RSA balance headphones? 

I have the Hirose/RSA end for my balanced headphones, and its coming along with my RxMk3/CLAS db combo...

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #229 of 257

And what DAC/DACs does Dan use with them? 

For the Glass an Auralic Vega, the Crimson is paired with a Gungnir.  I'm going to upgrade that, I'm holding out for an Yggdrasil.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #230 of 257
2 more days! Packing tonight, haircut tomorrow and then onto the open road. Might I ask if bringing my laptop to plug into systems is more ideal than a thumb drive?

Nov 13, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #232 of 257
New member. Really appreciate the site and vibe I'm getting from the community. Psyched for the meet and trying my demo Audeze LCD 3s on some different amps and having my first experience with Stax, which I somehow sense are going to be my in my headphone future.

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #233 of 257
I'd say thumb drive. A laptop could cause more of a hassle for a person who already has their system setup. With a thumb drive with a mix of FLAC and MP3 you could add your content fairly easily to others wares. Some will have CD players as well so you could bring a few discs just in case. Otherwise, I find that most people have an extensive enough collection that even a thumb drive isn't always needed.

Nov 13, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #234 of 257
I'm going as much to hear everybody's music, as well as their gear.....

....I know that makes for bad gear analysis, but I'm going for fun.

Nov 13, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #235 of 257
I was just going through the list.
I'm leaving the Stax 407s (Someone else is bringing them) at home and bringing the Hifiman he400s instead
I'll still bring the SR5 and Lambda NB
also Mrs toast is coming; I think she'll be holding / hiding my wallet.

I'm tempted to bring the newest headphone, the UE6000 which was on Tylls wall of fame for a long time. Now I know why. Currently can be found for a third of the mslp.
Point being even the "cheap" headphones belong at shows, bring em if you like em!

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #236 of 257
If I do go, I will be bringing my modded he-560s (from Jerg's latest guide).

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #239 of 257
So I got a nice box at my doorstep today... here are some initial impressions.

Courtesy of LFF (Paradox Audio)

Paradox Skull Slants - love these so far. They sound nice and neutral to my ears. Nice

Enigmas - nice and relaxed. Warmer than the Slants. Smooth though.

Enigmatics - Easy to drive right out of an iPhone. Has a little bite with saxophones and some piano notes. Still sound quite good even without an amp.

They will be at the event for all to enjoy.

Luis sent them with two cables. One 1/8" with additional 1/4" adapter and one balanced cable. If someone has an extra Audeze type cable they can bring we can use all three phones at once.

Will try to update thread tonight with who's coming or not, gear list, etc.

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #240 of 257

Users who are viewing this thread

Back