Official NYC Meet Sat June 2nd 2012
Apr 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #136 of 427

Quote:
I'll be in NYC and I'll try to make it.
It would be a good opportunity to meet you guys.
Will bring the LL and KGSSHV, if the last one is already fixed by then...
Regards,
Erico

I will add you to the list.Don't try just make it will be a great meet.

Apr 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #138 of 427
I don't have one, or any really nice camera for that matter, but I would love if anyone is photographically inclined that we have a place for people to get their gear photographed. Would be cool to have a light and a white background setup for people to use, or even if someone wants to bring a nice camera with the right lens for close-up shorts, that would be awesome and appreciated. I'm gonna bring my small point and shoot for purposes of documenting my time at the meet up, thats about it (photography wise)
Quote:
I have something of an odd request.

If anyone who is coming has a Canon S100 camera I would appreciate it if you brought it and let me play with it for a few minutes. 

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #140 of 427
I plan to bring a music server with wifi for up to 10 connections, open to anyone who wants to share a 1 TB music server.

Web browser access from smartphone/ipad/etc.

Apr 23, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #142 of 427
Hey there Brasewel.  Did you, Zeke and Darrien figure out how you're going to get to the meet?  I think Darrien had mentioned having an issue with getting over there unless somebody was willing to carpool?

Apr 23, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #143 of 427

Quote:
1TB music? That's pretty impressive.

lossless 1TB 
happy_face1.gif

classical, rock, folk, blues, jazz, basically my travel copy of my home music server

Apr 24, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #144 of 427

Quote:

lossless 1TB 
happy_face1.gif

classical, rock, folk, blues, jazz, basically my travel copy of my home music server

Nice man. I have around 300gb flac.

Quote:
Hey there Brasewel.  Did you, Zeke and Darrien figure out how you're going to get to the meet?  I think Darrien had mentioned having an issue with getting over there unless somebody was willing to carpool?

No not yet. I don't mind car pooling. I can't use my car since it's a coupe so it will have to be someone else's.

Apr 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #145 of 427
You live around philly? They have buses that can bring you from Philly to NY. Then a simple train ride away....i'd be willing to pick anyone up from the train station nearby. Not a big deal at all. My friend goes to college in Philly so if you don't know what bus and stuff I can help figure it out in a days time or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brasewel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No not yet. I don't mind car pooling. I can't use my car since it's a coupe so it will have to be someone else's.

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #146 of 427

Quote:

Nice man. I have around 300gb flac.

Yup, same problem we got. We can get up to philly but Zeke just isn't really down for driving all the way up to NYC with his car.

And trains/buses? Eh....don't really know about all that. With my equipment and all and the hassle of having to rely on certain times. I just dunno if it'd be worth it at that point. I'll talk to Zeke and see if he's had a change of heart on driving his car up there.

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #147 of 427

Quote:

Yup, same problem we got. We can get up to philly but Zeke just isn't really down for driving all the way up to NYC with his car.

And trains/buses? Eh....don't really know about all that. With my equipment and all and the hassle of having to rely on certain times. I just dunno if it'd be worth it at that point. I'll talk to Zeke and see if he's had a change of heart on driving his car up there.

I forgot about bringing gear and travelling are hard to do. My bad :D

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #148 of 427
If anyone wants a ride out from Billyburg I'll have a spot or two in my car. Also, If you're reasonably on the way I'll swing by and pick you up.

Apr 25, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #149 of 427

Quote:
I don't have one, or any really nice camera for that matter, but I would love if anyone is photographically inclined that we have a place for people to get their gear photographed. Would be cool to have a light and a white background setup for people to use, or even if someone wants to bring a nice camera with the right lens for close-up shorts, that would be awesome and appreciated. I'm gonna bring my small point and shoot for purposes of documenting my time at the meet up, thats about it (photography wise)

I can bring some photo gear - strobes , stands, tripod , light box, DSLR for the group to use ( may have to bring a bigger vehicle LOL)

Apr 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #150 of 427
Sounds awesome. I should hopefully have all my equipment for my portable rig in. I'm supposed to be getting the 3M low-profile dual Lock today and got Scunci No-Slip Grip's to hold the Pico Slim in the leather casing while I mount it. Will be ordering a LOD from Chris_Himself and if the plugs I ordered off eBay fit my AS-1b's when I get them I'm gonna add to the order 1 or 2 Spare cables from him. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazman1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can bring some photo gear - strobes , stands, tripod , light box, DSLR for the group to use ( may have to bring a bigger vehicle LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back