Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 - Stamford Sheraton
Nov 9, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #332 of 422
I'll be attending with my old friend, MGbert, and hope to be bringing a cool amp along that folks will be interested in.

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #333 of 422

I didn't even know an interconnect like that existed!  That's pretty cool :)

The guy who makes them had a post on the Schiit Magni Modi thread. $25 shipped. I figured what the heck give it a try. It's shipped so I think it will get here on time.Jason Stoddard from Schiit
made a comment about it.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/748067/official-schiit-magni-modi-2-uber-thread/1230#post_12064516

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #334 of 422
I'll be bringing a GeekOut V2 and would love to compare the single ended and balanced outputs.

Is anyone bring a headphone or iem with the ability to connect to 3.5mm mini (3 connector) as well as 3.5mm TRSS (4 connector), i.e. cans that can be driven both single ended and balanced?

I think I have what you are talking about:

They (ed8) are also moded to (supposedly) sound like an ed5.

I have th600 moded to sound less "U" shaped (for sale),

And I also esw9 modded with es700 drivers.
It was closest attempt to approaching the esw10jpn I owned, but proved to be impossible.
Yet it so dynamic I will bring to hear.

I am looking for some headphones, and will let my ears lead me..
:)

Ok... so I updated the "gear" list. I'm not sure I'm going to have enough time to update between now and the event, so the list is what it is.

...snip...

I'm thinking of numbering tables....

This is an EXCELLENT idea!
we can refer to the tables to know what was where afterwards.
:)

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #336 of 422
Well, seems like my ride did me in and it is too last minute to figure out a way up there as I'm visually impaired and can't drive. Maybe next time folks! I think during the spring meeting I'm going to figure out how to get up to NY alone so I can not have this happen. Post lots of pictures for me guys!

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #337 of 422
Well, seems like my ride did me in and it is too last minute to figure out a way up there as I'm visually impaired and can't drive. Maybe next time folks! I think during the spring meeting I'm going to figure out how to get up to NY alone so I can not have this happen. Post lots of pictures for me guys!

Where do you live?  Anywhere near New Haven or between new Haven and Stamford that wouldn't be more than 20 minutes or so out of the way?  If so, then if you're willing to trust a stranger from these forums I'd be willing to give you a ride, dude :)

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #338 of 422
Where do you live?  Anywhere near New Haven or between new Haven and Stamford that wouldn't be more than 20 minutes or so out of the way?  If so, then if you're willing to trust a stranger from these forums I'd be willing to give you a ride, dude :)

Ah I live nowhere near there haha. I was going to drive up from Delaware and go. If my friend had informed me earlier, I would of gotten a megabus and rode up to NY and tried to make my way that way and stay with my sister at night and then go home.

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #339 of 422
Just booked a room, so I am up for dinner. Looking forward to not having to drive home afterwards.

Toying with the idea of walking 12 minutes away to watch the 10pm UFC pay per view.

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #340 of 422

Toying with the idea of walking 12 minutes away to watch the 10pm UFC pay per view.

We will be grappling with headphones and gear, while the UFC will be grappling with muscles, blood, and guts. 

Polar opposites in mental composure and physical body strength.
smile.gif

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #343 of 422
Cool!

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #344 of 422
I have some unfortunate news... Red Wine Audio / Vinnie Rossi Audio won't be able to make it next week. Vinnie's presence will be missed. With that being said Vinnie, as always, wanted to extend his support and make a donation to our auction. The donation is: an upgrade to any of the newer AK players (AK100ii, AK120ii, AK240, or AK380).  MSRP = $495

For more details on the mods... http://redwineaudio.com/mods

And the good news... We will indeed have 3 adjoining rooms this year. So we'll have plenty of space!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back