Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 - Stamford Sheraton
Sep 4, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #31 of 422

Last year parking was free as per our contract with the Sheraton. There was a little weirdness because the front desk wasn't aware of this. Things were cleared up quickly. I'm expecting the same parking agreement this year. I'll update the first page with details as they emerge e.g. parking and room rates.

Ahhhhh, okay then!  Sweet.

Wait, so there's no fee for attending the event, is there?  I'm a bit unclear on that.  Also, will the front desk at the hotel definitely be made "aware" this time? :p

Sep 4, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #32 of 422
  So I can safely assume Woo will be in 'da house?!? If so, I'd love to add you guys to the list.

pencil us down. Jack will bring our new toys. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #33 of 422

Ahhhhh, okay then!  Sweet.

Wait, so there's no fee for attending the event, is there?  I'm a bit unclear on that.  Also, will the front desk at the hotel definitely be made "aware" this time? :p

The event is free to the public. Most people who show are of the audiophile sort. The vendors who show usually have something to offer in terms of an item that they donate for our "not so silent" auction. The auction typically pays for the room. However, donations from members are welcome as well. Hopefully that clears things up!

pencil us down. Jack will bring our new toys. 
beerchug.gif

Awesome! We are stoked for the Woo Audio goodness!

Sep 4, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #34 of 422

The event is free to the public. Most people who show are of the audiophile sort. The vendors who show usually have something to offer in terms of an item that they donate for our "not so silent" auction. The auction typically pays for the room. However, donations from members are welcome as well. Hopefully that clears things up!

Awesome! We are stoked for the Woo Audio goodness!

Thanks for the clarification!  I'm definitely looking forward to this.

If I want to make a small donation, how/when/where can I do so?  It won't be much, only like 10 or 20 bucks probably, but I figure every little bit should help, and I feel like I should if I can.

Sep 5, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #35 of 422
At the meet is fine. Bring your wallet :wink: you might like something in the auction or even better yet something from a vendor :p

Sep 5, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #36 of 422
Speaking of the Auction, will I need cash?

Sep 5, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #37 of 422
Sep 5, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #38 of 422
I just ordered the Senn Momentum over ear 2.0 so add to my list of equipment. To good of a deal to pass up.

Sep 5, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #39 of 422
  I just ordered the Senn Momentum over ear 2.0 so add to my list of equipment. To good of a deal to pass up.

Oooh nice, definitely bring it if you can!  I've been wanting to listen to the 2.0 and see if I don't hate it the way I hated the original Momentum :p  Haha.

You got a really good deal, you say?  What was the deal?

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #40 of 422

Okay! I was just about to buy a Bifrost Uber to go with my new setup but I think I'll hold off now. Might be a nice DAC available there!

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #41 of 422

Oooh nice, definitely bring it if you can!  I've been wanting to listen to the 2.0 and see if I don't hate it the way I hated the original Momentum :p  Haha.

You got a really good deal, you say?  What was the deal?

Used like new from Adgtron on Amazon. Great dealer factory authorized full warrant. My 3rd pair from them. $238.49 shipped

Sep 6, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #42 of 422
Plan to be there.

Bringing:
GeekoutV2
GeekoutV2+
OdroidU3 based music server, Rev.5
AQ jitterbug

Hoping to hear:
TOL iem, single ended and balanced options (v2+ supports both)

Sep 6, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #43 of 422
Plan to be there.

Bringing:
GeekoutV2
GeekoutV2+
OdroidU3 based music server, Rev.5
AQ jitterbug

Hoping to hear:
TOL iem, single ended and balanced options (v2+ supports both)

Definitely want to have a listen to the sound of those Geekout V2 and V2+ DAC/amp combos, I may buy them in the future if I like them!

Sep 7, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #45 of 422
Okay so confirmed for going and here is my list of equipment

Amps
Schiit Lyr 2

DAC/Amp
Maverick Audio Tube Magic D1

Headphones
AKG Q701
Audio Technica A900x
Grado SR325i
HiFiMAN HE-500
Sennheiser HD650