Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21st
Mar 4, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #241 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nikongod, how did you like the long term listen with Boze's Melos? That particular Melos is the best one I've heard.

Its awesomely nice. I didnt roll any of my tubes in, but the 7dj8's in there are sweeeet.
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
doesn't look like the HD800 will be available by the meet, so it would be great to have at least one of the new big boys there.
smile_phones.gif

senn was kind enough to return none of my emails offering to pay a DEPOSIT to borrow a set from their demo fleet.

Mar 4, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #242 of 507
I wouldn't totally rule out the arrival of some HD-800's before the meet, but it's fair to say that if any are there that they won't be broken in.
frown.gif
I was afraid of this when Arron moved the date up into March.

Mar 4, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #243 of 507
Yeah, it's crazy to be staring at a hunk of metal in your room and think "wow, Boze's Melos. The best headphone amp for Grados on the freaking planet. yikes." Not that mine is swiss cheese, but that one's special.

Mar 4, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #245 of 507
We might not have an HD800 there, but at least we will be assured that "hd650" will be in attendance.
wink.gif

Welcome aboard, and to all of those who have joined us in the last week (I've been on the road, the Upstate cold road).

Mar 4, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #247 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there is a good possibility that Ray is coming with his A-10 electrostat vacuum tube amp (only a prototype for now)

ph34r.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #251 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there is a good possibility that Ray is coming with his A-10 electrostat vacuum tube amp (only a prototype for now)

Wow! I guess that means I'll be bringing my SR-Lambda Professionals to try plugging in to it.

I contacted markl and it looks like he's going to be sending me a pair of LA7000s for us to try. I'm excited about that since the MD5000 DE really grew on me, so much so that I ended up buying the demo pair. After a month of listening to them I decided the bass wasn't as boomy as I thought and actually sounds pretty balanced to me know. I guess I've turned into a basshead.
darthsmile.gif
(Where's that old basshead smilie when you need it?)

Mar 5, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #252 of 507
I'm coming to this shindig, and I'm picking up DavidHunter along the way. I'll bring my Westone 3, my Nuforce Icon Mobile, my P-51 Mustang and, assuming it arrives in time, my Sennheiser IE8.

-Ed

Mar 5, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #253 of 507
1ST Page Attendee List updated!
beerchug.gif

Getting [size=small]closer[/size].....[size=x-small]closer[/size]...[size=xx-small]closer[/size]

Mar 5, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #254 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1ST Page Attendee List updated!
beerchug.gif

Getting [size=small]closer[/size].....[size=x-small]closer[/size]...[size=xx-small]closer[/size]

Luck was not on my side for this one.
Better cross me off the list for this one sadly.

Mar 5, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #255 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! I guess that means I'll be bringing my SR-Lambda Professionals to try plugging in to it.

that could be possibly a match made in heaven. According to him Jade electrostatic sounds lovely too with this amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back