Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21st
Mar 19, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #421 of 507
I vote for quiet room. grbwitt
atsmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK boys and girls. I called my main man(ager) over at the Adria, and it appears that he had a cancellation, and if need be, we can have the use of Salon "B". This room is about 25' away from the Annex room, and is equal in sq. footage.
This is not, all of the way into the hotel where our second room was, the last time a second room didn't work out in Spring 2007.

If we need it, I will get charged 1/3 of the room price, and if we don't, no harm, no foul.

During the silent auction, I can lock any access to the second room.

It seems to me that we have 2 choices (or more
smile.gif
).

-We can make it purely an overflow room, and those who come after the room has gotten uncomfortably full, will be steered to the second room.

-We can make it an MOT room (it appears we have enough to fill a room comfortably, now).

-...or...We can make it a high-end quiet room.

Ideas, opinions? Talk amongst yourself.

Mar 19, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #422 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by grbwitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aaron,

I'll be there, as one of The Usual Suspects from the New Jersey Audio Society.

Brownies this year? My brain may be weak, but my stomach's memory is still working.

George Witterschein, aka grbwitt
beyersmile.png

Great, George.
I'll bring the brownies, if you bring me some of that tea.
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #423 of 507
well,i recieved some new gear this week,so here is my updated list of gear that i will bring! macbook,wavelength audio cosecant v3 dac,rudistor rp010se amp,denon d7000 headphones w/cardas fat pipe cabling and last but not least
audio technica ath w11jpn
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #424 of 507
Quote:

OK boys and girls. I called my main man(ager) over at the Adria, and it appears that he had a cancellation, and if need be, we can have the use of Salon "B". This room is about 25' away from the Annex room, and is equal in sq. footage.
This is not, all of the way into the hotel where our second room was, the last time a second room didn't work out in Spring 2007.

If we need it, I will get charged 1/3 of the room price, and if we don't, no harm, no foul.

During the silent auction, I can lock any access to the second room.

It seems to me that we have 2 choices (or more
smile.gif
).

-We can make it purely an overflow room, and those who come after the room has gotten uncomfortably full, will be steered to the second room.

-We can make it an MOT room (it appears we have enough to fill a room comfortably, now).

-...or...We can make it a high-end quiet room.

Ideas, opinions? Talk amongst yourself.

MOT/Vendor Room.

this way, they can bring as much gear and items as they want and have them spread out.

Mar 19, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #425 of 507
I vote Quiet room.

Mar 19, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #426 of 507
Quote:

Speaking of "something new", just got off the phone with Jack Wu and he will be coming with his newest creation of his that is steering in unchartered waters. It should leave quite a few of the members chomping at the bit.
cool.gif

It is the WA22 - a fully balanced dynamic headphone amp. We made an announcement on the News page links to the WA22 page. We will bring it to the meet for debut.

-Jack

Mar 19, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #427 of 507
so far i'm not having great luck trying to gain an appearance by the hd800s, but i've not given up and am exploring a couple of options to see if there's any way it might happen this time. unfortunately bozeboy has had about as much luck as me trying to get his hands on ps1ks (thanks for working on it though, Tom).
frown.gif

by the next meet (this summer?) we should have both hd800s and ps1000s available...
normal_smile .gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've contacted Sennheiser to see if there's any way that they can make an HD800 available to us for the meet. still waiting to see if they can help us out, and i don't want to get hopes up too high, but maybe we'll luck out
smily_headphones1.gif
and if we get double lucky, Bozey will walk in sporting some fashionable hot-off-the-presses metallic grados
gs1000.gif
!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No PS1000s for the meet I spoke to John this morning,Parts that he was waiting
for won't arrive till next week
frown.gif
On a better note I bought 2 of the new wooden boxes from John,he has those in stock.

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #429 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathriel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is crazy but count me in. I'll bring my headphile grados. Looking forward to it.

tres cool! i'm glad yer finally making it to one of our meets Bernie. this will be a first, the only 2 sets of pf-1s in existence will be there! will you be bringing your special amp to drive them? how are yours terminated? mine have a 4 pin xlr, but i have a matching adapter to a 1/4" plug.

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #430 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by WooAudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is the WA22 - a fully balanced dynamic headphone amp. We made an announcement on the News page links to the WA22 page. We will bring it to the meet for debut.
-Jack

Jack, yet another beautiful amp from your company! does it have both single ended and balanced inputs? any chance you could also fit a 4 pin xlr like you have on the wa5? another thing i'd love to see on this work of art - headphone jacks that accept both 3 pin xlrs and 1/4" rca jacks so one could run both their single ended as well as balanced phones. can't wait to give it a listen!

Mar 19, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #432 of 507
It would seem to me that shoving the 60+ members in one room and giving the other room to 4-5 MOTs does not make much sense.

Mar 19, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #433 of 507
First post in a year!

I'd love to join ya guys again, been out of the head-fi loop for too long.

I'll bring my HFI-700s if anybody wants.

I'd love to hear the 780s, especially with the ALO mod.

As for the second room, I'll miss the iMod room from 07'. I think a quiet room sounds great. Putting the vendors in another room I think would be a mistake because they should be in the mix of the crowd too. I like mixing and matching on the Vendor's systems as well, and having to cross rooms to do that would be a PITA.

Mar 19, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #434 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would seem to me that shoving the 60+ members in one room and giving the other room to 4-5 MOTs does not make much sense.

Compromise suggestion - MOT/Highend/Large Rig room?

Mar 19, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #435 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Compromise suggestion - MOT/Highend/Large Rig room?

we have a winner. that's the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back