Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21st
Mar 18, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #406 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh well, at least that still leaves the Amphora, right?

If FedEx does there job there'll be something new at the meet. Not a headphone, but I think it'll be suitably impressive nonetheless.
o2smile.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #408 of 507
Speaking of "something new", just got off the phone with Jack Wu and he will be coming with his newest creation of his that is steering in unchartered waters. It should leave quite a few of the members chomping at the bit.
cool.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #410 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by T_K /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll come with a friend. I'd like to hear some DACs since I'm looking to buy one.

I don't really have anything interesting but if nobody is bringing a Little Dot III I can bring mine.

I'm bringing my Little Dot MKIII also but it would be good to compare. Mine is barely broken in with about 60 hours on it so I'd like to see if there really is a difference with burn in. I've read 80-100 hours to get the true sound. Maybe you have some interesting tubes?

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #411 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a better note I bought 2 of the new wooden boxes from John,he has those in stock.

Do the boxes only fit the PS1000 or might other headphones fit?

Mar 19, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #412 of 507
Quote:

I'm bringing my Little Dot MKIII also but it would be good to compare. Mine is barely broken in with about 60 hours on it so I'd like to see if there really is a difference with burn in. I've read 80-100 hours to get the true sound. Maybe you have some interesting tubes?

Ah, mine also has about the same burn in time and only stock tubes... I did buy a set of Sylvania Gold Brands but they've just been shipped and I actually expect them next week...

oh well
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #413 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of "something new", just got off the phone with Jack Wu and he will be coming with his newest creation of his that is steering in unchartered waters. It should leave quite a few of the members chomping at the bit.
cool.gif

Not what I, or my wallet, need to hear right now.

Mar 19, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #416 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cool.gif

sounds interesting.
smile_phones.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #417 of 507
Quote:

Do the boxes only fit the PS1000 or might other headphones fit?

No you can get it with the RS1 insert which will fit all the other Grados.

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #418 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by strid3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I come, I can bring a laptop with a gamma-1 and PPAv2, but it seems like there might be a bit of "gear overlap". Should I bother bringing these at all if there are possible space issues?

I would not mind hearing the PPAv2 at all
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #419 of 507
OK boys and girls. I called my main man(ager) over at the Adria, and it appears that he had a cancellation, and if need be, we can have the use of Salon "B". This room is about 25' away from the Annex room, and is equal in sq. footage.
This is not, all of the way into the hotel where our second room was, the last time a second room didn't work out in Spring 2007.

If we need it, I will get charged 1/3 of the room price, and if we don't, no harm, no foul.

During the silent auction, I can lock any access to the second room.

It seems to me that we have 2 choices (or more
smile.gif
).

-We can make it purely an overflow room, and those who come after the room has gotten uncomfortably full, will be steered to the second room.

-We can make it an MOT room (it appears we have enough to fill a room comfortably, now).

-...or...We can make it a high-end quiet room.

Ideas, opinions? Talk amongst yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back