Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013
Feb 28, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #271 of 566
Quote:
I forgot, I'd
I've to see a D2! I've been thinking bout buying the Maverick D2 for a while, but reviews are mixed. My e17 is too sharp, so I need new DAC. Is it worth the 2 hour drive for me? It seams like lots are coming, so I think so, but, my dad needs encouragement.

I'll be bringing the Maverick D2.  I also just pulled the trigger on a SPL Phonitor.  I don't know if I'll be bringing that though.

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #272 of 566
As this is my first meet, do we have a chance to listen to headphones or is the ambient noise just so loud and unruly that it makes any sort of listening almost impossible?  Just curious.

Also, any raffles this year?

Oh, and boze, thanks for doing this.

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #273 of 566
I'll be bringing

HE-400 if they ever come in... ordered the 8th and some shipping difficulties 
frown.gif

ALO Audio Rx II
ATH-M50
colorfly c3
i can bring Magni and Modi if anyone wants

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #274 of 566
I hope to attend as well. If I do, I'll have the following with me:

HE-400
DT770 PRO 600Ω (circa 1995)
Meridian Explorer

Quote:
i can bring Magni and Modi if anyone wants

I'm very interested in the hearing that combo in person. I'd also like to hear the Mad Dogs and hopefully someone has the K702 Anniversary Edition. Perhaps even the D2000/5000/7000 line. Have never gotten to listen to any of them.

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #276 of 566
Sorry guys, I'm a little behind on keeping the list up to date for the items being brought. I'll get on it soon, just been busy lately.

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #278 of 566
Pretty sure I'll be making it, will bring the following:

[Source TBD, likely CD's] --> Wadia Power DAC 151 --> custom-built Stax Transformer --> Lambda Pro's

Mar 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #280 of 566
Mar 3, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #283 of 566
I'm prepping for an upcoming move so I'm looking to sell some rather cumbersome items, let me know if any of you fellas are interested:

Devore Fidelity Super 8 Speakers - MSRP $4,000 - selling for $900 (has a couple scratches)
First Watt F3 power amp - MSRP something like $3K? - selling for $1,400
Not so cumbersome Resonessence Invicta DAC - MSRP $4K - selling for $3K  Sold
GIK Acoustic Panels - $650 worth (4 wide-band traps "GIK 244s" and 2 bass traps "GIK Monster Bass Trap" @ $350, perfect condition & coffee color)

Don't have boxes for speakers or panels.  Since I can't ship them I'll cut a pretty ridiculous deal to anyone interested: speakers and panels for $1,250.  (worth almost $5K)

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #284 of 566
Last year's meet was great, and I hope this meet will be even better.  Assuming I can make it, I will bring my:

-Burson HA-160D  Amp,DAC,Preamp
-Denon Ah-D7000
-Shure SRH840

I would be interested in listening to:

-Ultrasone Edition 8
-Beyerdynamic T5p (I'm in luck with this one, seeing as Beyerdynamic will be there, so this headphone most certainly will too)
-JVC Victor HP-DX1000 Stereo Headphones
-Fostex TH900
-Sony MDR-R10 (bass-heavy or bass-light)

(As you can tell, I'm a closed-headphone kinda guy; I need my isolation and more importantly, minimal sound leakage).

Last year, I made the mistake of not picking up some Mr. Speakers Mad Dog headphones, a mistake I intend not to repeat this year (happy I waited, though, since he now has some new more comfy "Alpha" pads to go with them that are supposed to improve the bass response).  As such, I am thinking about selling my Shure SRH840s (slightly used, but with the replacement pads and all original packaging) for $150 (price negotiable).  I was going to post a under the sell/trade section, but I'd rather just sell them directly to someone so I don't have to pay shipping/ deal with Paypal.  If anyone is interested, come by and see me at the meet.

I look forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back