Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013
Jan 26, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #181 of 566
If I come, I do not want to show up empty handed so I will bring my headphones. My collection is very small though. I'm only 20 and don't make enough money to be buying a lot of headphones. I can bring the AD700s, ATH M50S, Razer Orca, Turtle Beach HPX, and the Astro Mix amp. (dont know what I can hook it too though) If you guys think its not even worth it to bring these phones then let me know, because I know the Orca and TB HPX are not really "audiophile quality", but honestly I find the Orcas to be a very good for a $50 dollar  headphone. I've seen someone mention on head fi on a thread a made a while back that the Orcas use the same drivers as 555s/595s. Also, the HPX isn't bad either. Only 8 speaker can I know of that is decent. Usually they all suck.

Mike.

PS, If anyone is already bringing any of my headphones, let me know. Didn't see anything on the first page though.

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #182 of 566
@MC LeBron 23: I brought my ZO2 and some people found it interesting. If you have something you dont mind bringing, bring it. All is welcomed. We don't throw rocks at people that bring things not up to par with the rest of the gear. But if you bring Beats, I am not in control of the rest of the group....

I just ordered a Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC w/ OPA627 OpAmp & GE5670W Tube.....I will most likely bring it with me to the Meet-Up. Not 100% sure yet. I'll make a final decision if I get some people wanting to hear it and after I actually receive it myself. Anyone interested in hearing this thing? I've already planned out all my wiring for it in on my desk so I don't know if I'm gonna wanna unplug everything, but might be willing. Convince me people.

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #184 of 566
Quote:
I just ordered a Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC w/ OPA627 OpAmp & GE5670W Tube.....I will most likely bring it with me to the Meet-Up. Not 100% sure yet. I'll make a final decision if I get some people wanting to hear it and after I actually receive it myself. Anyone interested in hearing this thing? I've already planned out all my wiring for it in on my desk so I don't know if I'm gonna wanna unplug everything, but might be willing. Convince me people.

Well unless you weave/wire-tie/staple your wires to your would block desk it should be possible to detach & lift all and place in a storage/travel container, no?  :wink:  Since I don't permanently attach any of my audio cables, that's what I do.

I'm always eager to hear affordable audio with a high bang for buck ratio.  I've already come to find the limitations of my FiiO E17 DAC so ready for another acquisition and would love the audition.  :wink:

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #185 of 566
I guess I'll highly consider bringing it then. I had a FiiO E17 I just sold. I'll let you know what I think of it. Working on getting everything in order so I have my turntable set up for this amp in a permanent location on my desk. Gonna be lots of fun :)

Well unless you weave/wire-tie/staple your wires to your would block desk it should be possible to detach & lift all and place in a storage/travel container, no?  :wink:  Since I don't permanently attach any of my audio cables, that's what I do.

I'm always eager to hear affordable audio with a high bang for buck ratio.  I've already come to find the limitations of my FiiO E17 DAC so ready for another acquisition and would love the audition.  :wink:

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #186 of 566
I'll bring my custom Grado's, the Aerial 7 Royale's, the Heir 4Ai's, and the RWA iModded Ipod Video with CF Card.

Jan 30, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #190 of 566
I plan on being there, also. Not sure if i'll be bringing anything yet. I have the wa7 on order, but Jack should be there with his fine stuff.

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #191 of 566
Hi everyone.  New to the head-fi site and audiophile world.  Looking to try some of the equipment before I buy and become more educated in the area, so I will put the date on my calendar and plan to be there.  I have nothing to bring as of now, but I may have a pair of the HD 650s by then, which I see a few people are bringing already, or if I really splurge, a pair of the HiFiMAN HE-500s. =)  Amp/DAC TBD still.  Looking at Schiit Magni/Modi stack or Valhalla/Bifrost.  Lots more research required...

-M76NYC 

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #192 of 566
I'm gonna be getting and bringing my Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1+ by then. (Should arrive next week). It's a DAC/Amp all in one box. 
Quote:
Hi everyone.  New to the head-fi site and audiophile world.  Looking to try some of the equipment before I buy and become more educated in the area, so I will put the date on my calendar and plan to be there.  I have nothing to bring as of now, but I may have a pair of the HD 650s by then, which I see a few people are bringing already, or if I really splurge, a pair of the HiFiMAN HE-500s. =)  Amp/DAC TBD still.  Looking at Schiit Magni/Modi stack or Valhalla/Bifrost.  Lots more research required...

-M76NYC

EDIT:

@BozeButtons Have you contacted Red Wine Audio? I enjoyed Vinnie's presence at the last meet up and would love if he was able to bring a RWAK100 this year. Would love to hear it and compare with the DX100. Also, is Whiplash Audio gonna be coming? I remember they were trying to come last year and was unable. Maybe this year they might be able to come.

Jan 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #193 of 566
Feb 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #194 of 566
Quote:

@BozeButtons Have you contacted Red Wine Audio? I enjoyed Vinnie's presence at the last meet up and would love if he was able to bring a RWAK100 this year. Would love to hear it and compare with the DX100. Also, is Whiplash Audio gonna be coming? I remember they were trying to come last year and was unable. Maybe this year they might be able to come.

Vinnie from RWA is a possible ,but not likely,he will try & make it if he is not to wiped out from the NY Av show from the week before.
No word from  whiplash yet.
Woo Audio will definately try & be there ,Same story as Vinnie will be at the NY Av show the week before. 

Feb 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #195 of 566
Just found this thread. Sounds good.

I will put it on the calendar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back