Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013
Jan 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #151 of 566
I'm going to the show Friday and back again Sunday with cash to see what deals are to be had.

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #152 of 566
You may wish to save some cash for te auction at the end of the meet up. Money goes towards the funds to set up the next meet up. And last year their was a bunch of cool things to be had. 

EDIT: I believe the vendors don't have to, but usually the vendors that come donate items that they normally sell in order to have the auction. Their were some great deals I wish I had brought money with me for. This year the vendors are shaping up to be good. UE donated 3 or 4 IEM's last year, Mad Dog donated 1 or 2 of his headphones (Don't remember exactly). If that's indicative of what we may see this year then we already have a great start to having items that will help raise the money to pay for the room we're using. I think Beyerdynamics donated a headphone or two as well, my memory fails me right now. 
Quote:
I'm going to the show Friday and back again Sunday with cash to see what deals are to be had.

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #153 of 566
Quote:
You may wish to save some cash for te auction at the end of the meet up. Money goes towards the funds to set up the next meet up. And last year their was a bunch of cool things to be had. 

EDIT: I believe the vendors don't have to, but usually the vendors that come donate items that they normally sell in order to have the auction. Their were some great deals I wish I had brought money with me for. This year the vendors are shaping up to be good. UE donated 3 or 4 IEM's last year, Mad Dog donated 1 or 2 of his headphones (Don't remember exactly). If that's indicative of what we may see this year then we already have a great start to having items that will help raise the money to pay for the room we're using. I think Beyerdynamics donated a headphone or two as well, my memory fails me right now. 

Are you talking at the Meet? I meant I'm going to the Audio Show on the last day to see if I can find any cash deals...

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #154 of 566
And I was saying don't spend all your money, you might find some great deals during the auction that could really help the community for you to participate in. Assuming you wanted one of the items up for auction
Quote:
Are you talking at the Meet? I meant I'm going to the Audio Show on the last day to see if I can find any cash deals...

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #155 of 566
Quote:
And I was saying don't spend all your money, you might find some great deals during the auction that could really help the community for you to participate in. Assuming you wanted one of the items up for auction

Ohhh now I got ya!

Great advice!

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #157 of 566
Quote:
Ok count me in. Going to be my first meet, so I really don't know what to expect. 

a lighter wallet in the future?

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #159 of 566
Wallet can't get much lighter right now. Went on a spending spree lately, just ordered the fostex TH 900 too. Eating PBJ's for lunch everyday now.

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #160 of 566
Be sure to bring those Fostex TH900's to the meet up. I gotta try them (if you'll let me). 
Quote:
Wallet can't get much lighter right now. Went on a spending spree lately, just ordered the fostex TH 900 too. Eating PBJ's for lunch everyday now.

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #161 of 566
I will be attending this year :). It will be nice to see the gang.

Not sure if I'll be there in my official capacity as a Cable Company Representative, or just as me :wink:

Pretty sure that I'll book a hotel so that I can join the post meet festivities.

Whichever capacity i attend in, I am pleased that I am able.

Ethan/Yikes

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #162 of 566
I will be attending this year :). It will be nice to see the gang.

Not sure if I'll be there in my official capacity as a Cable Company Representative, or just as me :wink:

Pretty sure that I'll book a hotel so that I can join the post meet festivities.

Whichever capacity i attend in, I am pleased that I am able.

Ethan/Yikes

Great ethan I will add you to the member list,Let me know if you want to be on the vendor list if you decide to come as a vendor.

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #163 of 566
I'm going to be trying to make this meet, thanks for organizing boze! Hopefully I'll be able to make it. Gear situation totally unknown, but as always I'll bring a camera.
wink.gif

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #165 of 566
I'm in...is there any way of knowing which headphones will be there??? I'm interested in 5 headphones. Ultrasone pro 900, audio technica 700mk2, v moda m100, ue 9000, and universal jh16 pro. Can anyone confirm if any of these headphones will be there? I'm about an hour and a half from Babylon NY, so any info on this would be great so I don't drive up if none of these cans will be there.

Mike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back