Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013
Apr 1, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #391 of 566
Hey, I also have a Photo Journalist Press Pass.  Could I use it to report back to to my website, the audiophile club of Athens, Greece-ACA and maybe to headfi as well.  I have already co wrote an article about the Stax CEOs interview and Factory Tour which is on Headfi.org and have recently been granted a Press Pass for The New York Audio Show taking place at The Palace Hotel here in NYC.  Let me know.  I am going to come regardless; unless the weather turns out to be bad.

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #392 of 566
Quote:
Hey, I also have a Photo Journalist Press Pass.  Could I use it to report back to to my website, the audiophile club of Athens, Greece-ACA and maybe to headfi as well.  I have already co wrote an article about the Stax CEOs interview and Factory Tour which is on Headfi.org and have recently been granted a Press Pass for The New York Audio Show taking place at The Palace Hotel here in NYC.  Let me know.  I am going to come regardless; unless the weather turns out to be bad.

Sure Scott.

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #393 of 566
Quote:
Bozebuttons,

I’m wondering if it makes sense, is practical, and if there might be interest in some of us bringing music vids (e.g., DVD) to show?…maybe serve as a good lunch break place from floor discussion/audition activities.

I looked at the layout and it looks to be 1 very large room.  Are there are any side rooms in the bldg that we would also have access to? Prob not practical noise-wise to try this in main hall. Someone would also need to be able to bring a projector.  I have an old portable slide screen from my photography days.  Just a thought I had while looking at a DVD of Stevie Ray Vaughn live.

Throwing it out there…it’s fine if answer is no.

Only 1 big room not really going to work,you can show it on a laptop at your setup if you want.

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #394 of 566
Quote:
Only 1 big room not really going to work,you can show it on a laptop at your setup if you want.

While I get what the idea is, I don't fully get why this is something to have at a head-fi meet up. I don't particularly want more added noise in a room with so many people most of which will be trying to chat with other members or audition headphones (some of which have lots of leakage already and may be open headphones as well).

Not to say don't do it, but I personally I don't see the point when their is not some other room. I like the idea from the standpoint of ambiance in a room used to eat lunch or take a small break from the headphones, but since their is none, it might just be best to bring in other items to share with everyone instead. 

Anyone else care to share their opinion on this?

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #395 of 566
People bring computer-as-source with reasonably sized monitors all the time. I'd be all for someone showing music videos with all sound going through headphones. 

No speakers. 

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #396 of 566
Quote:
While I get what the idea is, I don't fully get why this is something to have at a head-fi meet up. I don't particularly want more added noise in a room with so many people most of which will be trying to chat with other members or audition headphones (some of which have lots of leakage already and may be open headphones as well).

Not to say don't do it, but I personally I don't see the point when their is not some other room. I like the idea from the standpoint of ambiance in a room used to eat lunch or take a small break from the headphones, but since their is none, it might just be best to bring in other items to share with everyone instead. 

Anyone else care to share their opinion on this?

I would if there was downtime to be had. The little bit of downtime is usually spent getting food. But honestly even then there are people hanging around listening to set-ups. 

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #398 of 566
Quote:
Hey there, I'm new to the forum although I've been reading it for over a year now. I'd really like to attend to this meet up. Hopefully I'll be able to.

Everyone is welcome, it's just a matter of you being able to make it to the event. I'm sure Bozebuttons will reply saying he's added you to the list soon.

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #399 of 566
Quote:
Hey there, I'm new to the forum although I've been reading it for over a year now. I'd really like to attend to this meet up. Hopefully I'll be able to.

Added to the list.

Apr 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #400 of 566
Hey I'm confirmed for the meet, Dad said he will drive me :): so just to confirm:

Bringing: Schiit Lyr w/ 3 stock, GE, and Amperes tubes, K240 Sextett MP, K167 Tiësto, HE-5Le, Gamma2, and Q701 balanced

Want to see: HD800, WA6, Burson HA160, DT990, And K1000

P.S I WANT TO HEAR THE K1000 SOOOO BAD

Thanks boze! Seeya there

Apr 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #401 of 566
I'm very interested to see the new Burson Soloist or Conductor if anyone has one to bring.

Apr 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #402 of 566
17 days to go
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #403 of 566
Quote:

Hi, I agree that it's not really practical (within the single large hall). No worries.

Thx for the reply.

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #404 of 566
Will anyone be bringing a denon ah-d600 or akg k550 or soundmagic hp100?

Apr 4, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #405 of 566
Quote:
I'm in. ... This is what I can bring on request...

Headphones:
LCD2 Rev 2

If noone asked you before let me be the one to do so.  I would very much love to hear these.  Hoping you can bring them.  (and ignore if you'll already be bringing them)

I'm also thrilled HiFiMan is coming.  Hoping so w/the full line-up ... option for [discounted?] sales would be icing on the cake.

My personal 'stock' is heavily weighted in the $300 - $400 ~ish headphone price range, and I'm in the market for one HP I'd consider extraordinary in the 2x to 3x price range.  So, that's my 'goal' for the meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back