Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013
Mar 30, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #376 of 566
It looks like you'll see a lot of what you want at the meet up. 
Quote:
I'm really hoping to find my new main cans here. Hopefully most of these will be available:

Beyerdynamic: T70, COP, but really anything from them
Mr Speakers: Mad Dogs
Sennheiser: HD650
Denon: D2000, D5000
Schiit: MnM stack, but really anything from them, too

Here's hoping I'm successful.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #377 of 566
I'm in. I'm bringing my (stock) Denon D7000's, and Audio GD NFB 11. Here's what I NEED to hear:

TH900's
HD800's: both with tubes and with SS (ideally with anaxillus mod too!)
LCD2 and 3
Beyerdynamic T1

Fostex HP-A8C!
any DAC with PCM1704K would be great
Expensive Audio GD stuff?
Anything from Burson?

Orpheus? Would be cool to hear, but it scares me because if it really is THAT good, there's still ZERO chance of me getting it!

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #378 of 566
Quote:
I'm in. I'm bringing my (stock) Denon D7000's, and Audio GD NFB 11. Here's what I NEED to hear:

TH900's
HD800's: both with tubes and with SS (ideally with anaxillus mod too!)
LCD2 and 3
Beyerdynamic T1

Fostex HP-A8C!
any DAC with PCM1704K would be great
Expensive Audio GD stuff?
Anything from Burson?

Orpheus? Would be cool to hear, but it scares me because if it really is THAT good, there's still ZERO chance of me getting it!

I will have the hD800 and the Taboo MK111 for balanced use also and Donald North is bringing his 2A3 tube amp also for the hd8oo to play with  plus Jack from Woo will have all his great amps there as well.

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #380 of 566
Quote:
I will be a happy camper hearing all the good hd800 amps :D

Make sure you listen to nikongods silver ghost with the Hd800s
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #381 of 566
Quote:
Make sure you listen to nikongods silver ghost with the Hd800s
wink.gif

Yes this!

BTW! My M-100s are ready to be shipped so I'll probably bring those along with my Aiaiai TMA-1 DJ.

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #382 of 566
Awesome, I've been wanting to hear the M-100's since I heard they were in part tuned through recommendations from Head-Fi'ers. And I like their design philosophies. ABCP (Anything but circles & Plastic)
Quote:

Yes this!

BTW! My M-100s are ready to be shipped so I'll probably bring those along with my Aiaiai TMA-1 DJ.

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #383 of 566
If any1 can bring a 4 pin mini xlr to dual 3 pin cable for balanced operation that would be awesome! Idk what wire to use so I have hesitated making my own

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #387 of 566
Bozebuttons,

I’m wondering if it makes sense, is practical, and if there might be interest in some of us bringing music vids (e.g., DVD) to show?…maybe serve as a good lunch break place from floor discussion/audition activities.

I looked at the layout and it looks to be 1 very large room.  Are there are any side rooms in the bldg that we would also have access to? Prob not practical noise-wise to try this in main hall. Someone would also need to be able to bring a projector.  I have an old portable slide screen from my photography days.  Just a thought I had while looking at a DVD of Stevie Ray Vaughn live.

Throwing it out there…it’s fine if answer is no.

Mar 31, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #388 of 566
I know some people offering ride for the meeting, so I was wondering who is picking who for the meeting.  I need a ride stated earlier in the thread, now that the meeting is getting closer just try to get things work out.

Mar 31, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #389 of 566
Greetings, very much looking forward to what will be my first meet! I do not have a lot to bring, but if all goes well I hope to leave with some nice new toys. Can anyone tell me if the vendors are set up to take credit cards or is this a cash and carry thing? Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Mar 31, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #390 of 566
Quote:
Greetings, very much looking forward to what will be my first meet! I do not have a lot to bring, but if all goes well I hope to leave with some nice new toys. Can anyone tell me if the vendors are set up to take credit cards or is this a cash and carry thing? Thanks in advance!

Kevin

I have no doubt that the vendors will be able to take your money...Cash is welcomed if you might wanna get something from the silent auction. Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised if the vendors accept credit card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back