Official NY/Regional Spring Meet, April 20 2013 impressions
May 16, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #151 of 163
Quote:

There are three main ones IMHO. J&R, B&H and AC Gears. The former two probably have the best selection, but due to me working at the latter one, their headphone selection is getting better :wink:

B&H probably has the best range though. Going from lowest of the low, all the way up to HD800s. J&R I know has a okish headphone wall, but I haven't been there in a while.

AC Gears just got in a few Sennheisers (specifically Momentums, HD598s and HD558s as well as several of their in ears). AC Gears also just got in for demo (before they get in the full shipment) HE-400s and RE-400s from HiFiMan. 

Hopefully we'll get in Beyerdynamic soon. 

hey - just got back from there. forgot to say Thanks!
I went to B&H and J&R but forgot the name of AC Gears... sorry about that. really wanted to try the RE-400 so that was a miss from me.
sad as it sounds but I had tried all the ones for demo at both J&R and B&H before. 
biggrin.gif

well, was a nice visit. shame I didn't go earlier so I could have attended the meet!

May 19, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #152 of 163
Got so busy after the meet that I was rude and forgot to post THANKS to all those who made this a great day -- Tom for organizing, Jude for dinner, Todd for the booze, Ari for the photos and amazing gear, Ethan for the always-fun auction, Dave for great stories as we fought the traffic on the way home, and all the MOTS (Alan, Vinnie, Jack, Drew, Justin, many more, but those are the ones I like to pester).  Yea, Kerry's DIY builds are off the charts, I was proud to share a table with him.

Meets are popular again !?   We scrubbed the NJ summer meet two years ago because only a handful of people showed up the year before.  John and I can re-start in a heartbeat ... if the community wants a 2014 summer NJ meet please PM me.  It is trivial for me to organize, the Ramada people are great and right by my office.

Back to Kerry -- his newest project is super-secret; John and I are happy to be assisting.  We will show it, we hope, at the fall meet.  If we are done that is -- sourcing parts has been very difficult.  It has no power supply, that's all I'll say.  Our initial bench measurements last weekend of the rough prototype blew us away -- ruler flat.  Not one ripple in the graph -- dead zero -- we were measuring something you don't want, trust me.  Oh, I've already said too much, Kerry will be mad.

May 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #153 of 163
I had a blast and it was well worth the trip from Philadelphia. I brought my hd800s and went around listening to everything I could and meeting people on the way. It was nice talking to Ethan from TheCableCO, Frank I and Donald North from DNA.

My highlights were

Cavalli Liquid Gold $6k :frowning2:
DNA Strattus
Cavalli Exemplar Audio (Prototype) 
Ratoc Audio Lab (DAC/AMP at the Moon Audio table)
Ari's Amp 
WA7 w/ HE-500s 

Anyhow can't wait for the next one!!

May 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #160 of 163
Reading all these posts really made me sorry that I missed this year's show and made me promise to myself not to miss the next one. I was at the show two years ago, my first one, and really enjoyed it.  One thing that's apparent is that this show draws a good amount of the manufacturers, and this year also had Jude there!   A nice way to meet interact and see some really cool equipment.

May 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #161 of 163
Quote:
I'm working on putting together something in Queens for this fall in November. More details to come in a separate thread.

Can you please post in this thread when you put up the thread for the fall meet, really want to make it.

Jun 11, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #162 of 163
Jun 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #163 of 163
I need to be in NYC the weekend of June 29.  So looks like I'll have to go in a few days early to make this meet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back