or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › Head-Fi. The Community. The History. - Head-Fi TV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Head-Fi. The Community. The History. - Head-Fi TV

post #1 of 38
Thread Starter 

NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

 

 

In this episode of Head-Fi TV, Paola Dias interviews Jude Mansilla about Head-Fi (discussing its history to present day), while Mike Dias of Ultimate Ears (UE) interviews members of the Head-Fi community who were present at the 2013 Spring New York Head-Fi meet.

 


 

Products mentioned in the video:

 

 


 

Head-Fi. The Community. The History. - Head-Fi TV produced by Mike Dias and Joseph Cwik
 

 

We will occasionally post Q&A episodes of Head-Fi TV.  If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org.

 

post #2 of 38

Good to see some faces behind the handles. An enlightening and great interview!

post #3 of 38

Nice interview Jude cool.gif

post #4 of 38

grate!!!

post #5 of 38
This is an amazing video that captures very well the spirit of the site. Thank you for sharing, Jude! (and wow I'm honored to be a part of this video smily_headphones1.gif )
Edited by thread - 5/23/13 at 1:29pm
post #6 of 38

That is superb.

post #7 of 38

HOLY eek.gif What a great idea for a vid!!!


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

Reply
post #8 of 38

Such a great video Jude!! Paola did a fantastic job at interviewing you!  It's amazing how much the industry/website/products have evolved and changed since I joined several years back.  I can only imagine how different it is from back in the very early internet days. It's great to have this as a sort of backdrop.   I love the whole idea of the member interviews.  It definitely captures much of the spirit of that meet.  This whole video is just so spot on! And I must humbly thank you for the wonderful shout-out!! smily_headphones1.gif

post #9 of 38

Really interesting video, haven't been a part of the community too long myself but found the video really interesting learning about the history of head-fi. Great job.

post #10 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post

Such a great video Jude!! Paola did a fantastic job at interviewing you!  It's amazing how much the industry/website/products have evolved and changed since I joined several years back.  I can only imagine how different it is from back in the very early internet days. It's great to have this as a sort of backdrop.   I love the whole idea of the member interviews.  It definitely captures much of the spirit of that meet.  This whole video is just so spot on! And I must humbly thank you for the wonderful shout-out!! smily_headphones1.gif

^^2. And David, you deserve it mate. Lord knows how many times I have read and reread your writing and that has helped me shape my tastes and preferences for the class of HPs that I now own (and hopefully should add over time). 

post #11 of 38

Being a member for over 11 years ,this is one of the best video & threads . Mike Dias had a great Idea in doing this,His wife Paola did a great job interviewing Jude.

No real need to comment the Video says it all but surprised no mention of sites like Innerfidelity & others that do online reviews.

I am glad to be part of this great community.


Edited by bozebuttons - 5/24/13 at 4:40pm
post #12 of 38

This episode was just great.

 

Despite all the gear, I think the human aspect of the hobby is the most important. I mean, here are literally millions of people (1.5 million still qualifies as millions :) ) all unified in one aspect. Music comes a close second.

post #13 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post

^^2. And David, you deserve it mate. Lord knows how many times I have read and reread your writing and that has helped me shape my tastes and preferences for the class of HPs that I now own (and hopefully should add over time). 

Thank you:)

post #14 of 38
Great stuff and worthy of being a good documentary. But let's not kid ourselves completely and also see that Head fi is also a business as well. Perhaps a huge business. But over all, lots of fun in this hobby and the enthusiasm of the members is wonderful.
post #15 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spareribs View Post

But let's not kid ourselves completely and also see that Head fi is also a business as well.

 

No it's not, it's a gang!  And like all gangs, we even have our own gang signsmile.gif


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Head-Fi Network & Industry News
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › Head-Fi. The Community. The History. - Head-Fi TV