Official NY Meet Sat June 18
May 2, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #106 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside504
Hey i want to come, going to be my first head-fi meet! I'm moving up to brooklyn this month and if i can get off work, and if i figure my way around, and if i get access to transportation i'll be there. Cant wait, so excited about my first meet to meet other head-fier and listen to all the gears.
orphsmile.gif
k1000smile.gif
lambda.gif
rs1smile.gif
3000smile.gif
etysmile.gif

Where in Brooklyn are you? I might give you a ride. Contact me off list.

May 2, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #107 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by bifcake
Where in Brooklyn are you? I might give you a ride. Contact me off list.

thanks for the offer. I need to see if i have to work first. I'm start on the 6th and so its not such a great idea to ask to get off considering i just started. But if i get a chance you bet i'll contact you for a ride! Aww man you guys got me all excited about this, i'm listen to my music right now just day dreaming about the meet. LOL
600smile.gif

May 4, 2005 at 2:18 PM Post #108 of 389
I made a phone call to PS audio about getting their new headphone amp for the meet,waiting to see if ones available as they only have 2 built,Jude has 1 & a reviewer has the other 1,I will wait & see.
I have yet to hear a Moth or Eddie current amp or a rudistor amp
if any members who are comming to the meet have one,please bring them.

May 4, 2005 at 3:28 PM Post #109 of 389
What about the Panache from Portal Audio? I know you tried to get one for the spring 2004 meet and I contacted them for the November meet, but had no luck. I suppose someone could put up $1800 and return it within the 60 days but that just doesn't seem right (besides tying up a nice chunk of change for a while).

May 4, 2005 at 3:43 PM Post #110 of 389
there is an actual amp called The Panache? someone tell Billy!

May 4, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #111 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
What about the Panache from Portal Audio? I know you tried to get one for the spring 2004 meet and I contacted them for the November meet, but had no luck. I suppose someone could put up $1800 and return it within the 60 days but that just doesn't seem right (besides tying up a nice chunk of change for a while).

I had spoken to Joe Abrhams a couple of times about the panache amp,he actually was suppossed to come to the last May meet at Grados,He just never showed.He was limited on amps available for Demo purposes,so I just feel its not worth the bother to try & get a amp for this meet.

May 5, 2005 at 1:40 AM Post #112 of 389
I will be bringing 4 SACDs I picked up at the HE2005 show the other day that are pure DSD recordings.
3 IsoMike cds from Kimber Kable,1 Mark levinson live recordings At Red Rose music, Played back on the Meitner gear you will hear What SACD is all about.
Put them on your must listen to at the meet list.

May 5, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #113 of 389
I will be standing in line for that audition!

I have a pair of thick woodies made by Larry for the HD600's. I'll bring them for comparisons.

May 5, 2005 at 2:39 AM Post #114 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I will be standing in line for that audition!

I have a pair of thick woodies made by Larry for the HD600's. I'll bring them for comparisons.

I Was just listening to 1 of Ray kimbers IsoMike cds with the Melos & PS1s the sound quality was unbelieveable,Who said Grados don't have soundstage width & depth. The Ps1s just sounded the best I have ever heard them,like I never heard them sound before,Truly world class
blink.gif

Looking forward to hearing the modded 600s.

May 7, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #116 of 389
Quote:

I have a pair of thick woodies

Telica is a lucky woman. Sorry man, I couldn't resist.
tongue.gif

May 7, 2005 at 6:14 AM Post #118 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
I Was just listening to 1 of Ray kimbers IsoMike cds with the Melos & PS1s the sound quality was unbelieveable,Who said Grados don't have soundstage width & depth. The Ps1s just sounded the best I have ever heard them,like I never heard them sound before,Truly world class
blink.gif

Looking forward to hearing the modded 600s.

man you are killing me! The Grado Rig...

May 7, 2005 at 12:50 PM Post #119 of 389
Erik...Good one...but that one could cause your first deletion
tongue.gif

I will be bringing a RS Raptor, just in case anyone in the New York crew is interested in what the Chicago crew has been tasting lately. I seems it's mighty tasty.

May 7, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #120 of 389
Quote:

Erik...Good one...but that one could cause your first deletion
tongue.gif

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be my first.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back