Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015
Mar 20, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #121 of 347
I'm in. If someone want to carpool from westchester, have them PM me. I can have a big station wagon and can take at least 4 people and their gear.

Victor

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #123 of 347
  I am interested in your organization and have subscribed to your newsletter.

me too...... 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #124 of 347
Going from Westfield, NJ, not a good carpool from Westchester, but would carpool if anyone is interested.

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #126 of 347
This would be my first met - What's required for getting a little bit of table space?

I'm not a 'vendor' but I designed a little accessory for earpads that I'd like to show off. 

Details here: www.head-fi.org/t/757174/
So far I have made versions for the ATH-M50, HE-500, and MDRV6. A few people have suggested that I make these into a commercial product. They are mostly aimed at comfort, but I'd like to get some in-person feedback on the design and any effect on sound quality, and maybe sell a few if anyone's interested.

Mar 30, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #127 of 347
  This would be my first met - What's required for getting a little bit of table space?

I'm not a 'vendor' but I designed a little accessory for earpads that I'd like to show off. 

Details here: www.head-fi.org/t/757174/
So far I have made versions for the ATH-M50, HE-500, and MDRV6. A few people have suggested that I make these into a commercial product. They are mostly aimed at comfort, but I'd like to get some in-person feedback on the design and any effect on sound quality, and maybe sell a few if anyone's interested.

Just show up,plenty of table space.I will add you to the member list.

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #128 of 347
I have some headphones I could bring, do people want them? Hifiman 560, Koss ESP 950, Shure 1540, others, makes it a bit difficult to get around there, though, no? Willing to bring some, an amp, my Pono...

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #129 of 347
I have some headphones I could bring, do people want them? Hifiman 560, Koss ESP 950, Shure 1540, others, makes it a bit difficult to get around there, though, no? Willing to bring some, an amp, my Pono...

I'm planning on bringing my HE500 to show the mod I made for it. But I would like to A/B the 500 and 560 to see what differences there are.
I got to play with it a bit at the StereoExchange event, but I would be interested to hear if I should be saving up for it or not

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #130 of 347
They're really nice headphones, I'll bring them and my Ray Samuels HR-2 amp, have the Centrance M8, but not sure I'll keep it, also the Geek Out Special Edition and the 1k, bring some combo of these, depending on what damage the Deals thread does to my bank account by then...

Mar 30, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #131 of 347
As for the 500-560 upgrade, you'll have to check it out, haven't ever heard the 500. It was the greatest thing since Mother's Milk until the 560 came along, I'm sure there is some improvement, whether it's worth the cost of an upgrade is another question.

Mar 30, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #132 of 347
As for the 500-560 upgrade, you'll have to check it out, haven't ever heard the 500. It was the greatest thing since Mother's Milk until the 560 came along, I'm sure there is some improvement, whether it's worth the cost of an upgrade is another question.

TBH I don't really expect them to be. It's hard for me to imagine them sounding SO MUCH better than what I have. I'm more interested in knowing whether they're the right successor for when My 500's are finished or something.

The 560s are definitely lighter than my 500s...this never really bothered me until recently - after a car accident, I had whiplash and my neck was nicely screwed up. I literally couldn't bear the weight of the 500s on my head. That's basically resolved now, but still it would be interesting if they were able to achieve the same - if not better - performance in a lighter package.

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #133 of 347

TBH I don't really expect them to be. It's hard for me to imagine them sounding SO MUCH better than what I have. I'm more interested in knowing whether they're the right successor for when My 500's are finished or something.

The 560s are definitely lighter than my 500s...this never really bothered me until recently - after a car accident, I had whiplash and my neck was nicely screwed up. I literally couldn't bear the weight of the 500s on my head. That's basically resolved now, but still it would be interesting if they were able to achieve the same - if not better - performance in a lighter package.

OK, planning on bringing some stuff (though, I went last year, brought a bunch of stuff, but had such a good time going around, I never actually set it up). But, I'll bring stuff with me, if you PM me before the show I can let you listen even if I don't set up (which I likely will do anyway).

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #134 of 347
OK, planning on bringing some stuff (though, I went last year, brought a bunch of stuff, but had such a good time going around, I never actually set it up). But, I'll bring stuff with me, if you PM me before the show I can let you listen even if I don't set up (which I likely will do anyway).

I'm actually planning on going as a 'vendor' kinda. I'm either going to bring an E17/E10K combo or my Lyr...Probably the former since the Lyr isn't exactly portable. So if you have them with you we can just plug em in.

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #135 of 347

I'm actually planning on going as a 'vendor' kinda. I'm either going to bring an E17/E10K combo or my Lyr...Probably the former since the Lyr isn't exactly portable. So if you have them with you we can just plug em in.

OK, still have to find me, let me know what you'd like to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back