Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015
Apr 4, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #151 of 347
  Glad you reminded them.So wadya win at CJ!

A Sony Walkman NWZA17SLV 64 GB Hi-Res Digital Music Player.

Sony's self proclaimed "World's smallest and lightest Hi-Res audio portable music player"

It weighs as much as a slice of Matzoh, and is almost as thin! 
smile.gif

Apr 5, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #152 of 347
"how is this dap different than all other daps"

Apr 5, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #153 of 347

A Sony Walkman NWZA17SLV 64 GB Hi-Res Digital Music Player.

Sony's self proclaimed "World's smallest and lightest Hi-Res audio portable music player"

It weighs as much as a slice of Matzoh, and is almost as thin! 
smile.gif

Nice!

Apr 5, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #154 of 347
I plan on going to this! :)

Apr 6, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #155 of 347
I am rethinking my display table presentation. Instead of my hodge podge slice of headphonia I may keep it real simple with one my Stax tube amps running my most recent acquisition, a set of uber rare Stax SR-X Mk3 Pro bias phones. Throw in my source and that might be extent of it. I will guarantee smiling faces from a high percentage of listeners who give these babies a listen. Super natural, true timbre and better bass and more dynamics than my standard bias SR-X Mk3 that gathered quite a following at the Spring meet last year.

Looking forward......
Joe :cool:

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #156 of 347
People who are bringing setups to a meet... could you post what you are bringing?

Apr 6, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #157 of 347
  People who are bringing setups to a meet... could you post what you are bringing?

I will start a gear list on post # 3 ,so post what you plan to bring to the meet.

Apr 6, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #159 of 347
Headphones: hd600, uerm
Amps: valhalla 2 w/ amperex orange globes, uha-6s mk ii, maybe a zana deux if I get it in time
Dacs: Parasound D/AC-1100, Sonic Frontiers Transdac (or Theta Progeny... if I make the trade). 

Kinda tentative on bringing my setup or not, but I think some people would like to hear some vintage dac goodness. I also have more stuff in my profile if anyone really wants me to bring them. Add me to the attending list I suppose.

Apr 6, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #160 of 347
"how is this dap different than all other daps"

Good one! 

Son: "Father…why is this dap different then all other daps?"
Father: "It's a long story, son (40 days and 40 nights)…Go ask your mother and let me listen to my music!" 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #161 of 347
All,

I'll have a LIO with a few different headphones (Audeze, Senn, and anything else I can get my hands on):
www.vinnierossi.com

UPDATE - I also should have a pair of Mr. Speakers ETHERs to listen to with LIO -  thanks, Dan! 
cool.gif

I will also try to bring an ALO Audio Continental Dual Mono amp/dac (prototype - but they should be going into production mid/late May):
http://www.head-fi.org/t/760478/the-all-new-continental-dual-mono

Hi immtbiker,

Congrats on your win at CJ!

See you all there!

Vinnie

Apr 6, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #162 of 347
Amps: valhalla 2 w/ amperex orange globes, uha-6s mk ii, maybe a zana deux if I get it in time
Dacs: Parasound D/AC-1100, Sonic Frontiers Transdac (or Theta Progeny... if I make the trade). 

Kinda tentative on bringing my setup or not, but I think some people would like to hear some vintage dac goodness. I also have more stuff in my profile if anyone really wants me to bring them. Add me to the attending list I suppose.

Would love to hear the Zana if it arrives in time :)

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #163 of 347

Added to the list

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #164 of 347

Please please bring the Transdac or Theta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back