Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014
Mar 17, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #182 of 408
Some juicy amps you guys got there :) I look forward to hearing the HE-6 on those.

I'm also excited to listen to the HDVD800/600. And to show my new and improved DIY amp, with gain this time lol

Also looking forward to another DIY talk with you Mullett!

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #183 of 408
Hi everyone, I would like to attend this meet, never been to a meet, as a matter of fact I never said a
Word on head fi since I joined, sad. But I'm passionate anyways. I just got shure srh1840 and rs325is
And shure se 846 with moon silvers a week ago. I'm in NY. Since I'm not driving what's the best way to
Get there. Thanks guys.

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #184 of 408
Hi,
This is copied from the original post. Very easy commute from Penn St.

5- Long Island Railroad (LIRR) to Babylon train station,( about one hour from Penn Station)one block south to Grove place.Hint if you are at the Ticket booth & look across the parking lot,you will see the Babylon High School Parking lot across the street.
Walk Across the street thru the Babylon High School parking Lot you can see the hall Yellow building.

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #186 of 408
will be there for sure

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #187 of 408
List updated 2nd post.18 days to go!

For those on the fence about coming don't be shy you will have a great time.
 Directions & info first post if you missed it.

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #188 of 408
I'm in!

I hope i can demo the new HE-560!

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #189 of 408
Hi everyone, I would like to attend this meet, never been to a meet, as a matter of fact I never said a
Word on head fi since I joined, sad. But I'm passionate anyways. I just got shure srh1840 and rs325is
And shure se 846 with moon silvers a week ago. I'm in NY. Since I'm not driving what's the best way to
Get there. Thanks guys.

welcome!
post #1, first meet..................hold on to your wallet!

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #191 of 408
Can someone tell me what I need to bring to my first meet, any tips
Is appreciated. Thanks

bring gear if you want to show it off or just come and look around, demo some gear you're interested in, talk to fellow members on their impressions, etc.

just have fun!

Mar 18, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #192 of 408
Can someone tell me what I need to bring to my first meet, any tips
Is appreciated. Thanks

check out this to get a idea http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/2012-new-york-spring-head-fi-meet

Mar 18, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #193 of 408
Im going to bring a few items that I'd like to sell. I'm not sure about leaving them on a table as I want to wander and check out some gear. So, if you are interested, probably best to PM me so we can arrange to meet up.

For sale...
Fostex HP-P1
Sennheiser HD-25-1 II
Audio-Technica ATH-AD700
Benchmark DAC-1 USB (not bringing unless someone asks in advance)

All in excellent condition and I probably have the original boxes.

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #194 of 408

check out this to get a idea http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/2012-new-york-spring-head-fi-meet

I like this:

1) Please treat others' gear with the utmost care and respect.
2) Do not unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first.
3) Do not turn anything on or off without asking permission first.
4) Do not move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission.
5) Always treat other headfiers with the utmost respect.
6) If a woman shows up - DO NOT GAWK. They are part of the human species and also deserve the utmost respect. Do not fear that this is the only one.
7) Do not bring food or drinks near any equipment, including your own.
8) If you eat, please WASH YOUR DIRTY, GREASY HANDS BEFORE touching other people's equipment.
9) Do not ask the vendors too many questions. They want to have fun too and others may want to ask questions as well.
10) Always follow the rules of the host. He/She/They have been gracious enough to host a meet so he/she/they deserve the most respect and if you don't follow any of the above rules, AT LEAST follow this one.
11) No shirt, no shoes, no headfi meet.
12) Do not put screw drivers in electrical outlets.
13) If it's summer - please wear deodorant.
14) If it's winter - please wear deodorant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back