Official New York Spring Meet 5.2.15 Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #31 of 116
Some impressions of what little I actually listened to at the a meet .Being the organizer I don't listen to much ,which Alex of Zenith audio noticed & mentioned to me.
I sat down to listen to his PMX2 mod of the OPPO pm2,I have to say I was not a fan of the stock pm2 or pm1  but his mod of the pm2 was very smooth & more open sounding,Didn't sound as closed in as the stock pm2. I quite liked it.Any one who owns a pm2 & likes it should look into having it modded by AudioZenith.com or you can purchase a fully modded one from Alex if don't already own one.

I thought the Woo w8 was a very good match for the HD700. I heard the HD700 with the moon audio intergrated at CJRamf and was totally unimpressed with the HD700 with that combo.Synergy means everything.

I thought the Cavalli Liquid Carbon was impressive sounding,especially for the price.

Joes Stax SRX MKIII pro  was much smoother sounding the the SRXMKIII non pro version I had owned before which was more monitor sounding.

Deans Ak240 & AKt5p Synergy was a combo made in heaven.

The Combo that impressed me the most  was the Lampozat0r 7 dac with the Wells Audio Headtrip amp with Cradons Black Colorware Harwired endorphin HD800 playing pure DSD files.
This was a endgame setup no doubt.The Ether sounded good as well but HD800 edged it out. I would have loved to try the HE1000 on that setup.

May 3, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #32 of 116
Hey guys - had a great time yesterday at the meet, I really appreciate all the hospitality as it was great seeing everyone again and meeting others.

Loved hearing all the new stuff, Im always impressed and excited about the great state of the headphone world.

It was great having you there & donation for the auction was greatly appreciated.I am sure the winner is enjoying them 

May 3, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #33 of 116
One of the things that puts a smile on my face is the reaction of first time meet goers at the meet &  their impressions afterwards.

May 3, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #34 of 116
A big Thank You to Tom for hosting and organizing such a fantastic day.

As a new retailer, it was gratifying to get such a warm reception from a great group of Head-fiers. I regret not being able to get around to more member tables to check out their gear.

Thanks to the previous posters who gave me shout-outs. Happy to be there with some gear you wanted to hear. Most listened to and commented upon over the day were the Master & Dynamic MH40 and the Grado GS1000e.

Anyone in the metro area looking to audition anything we've got, just give me a holler. Thanks!

May 3, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #35 of 116
A big Thank You to Tom for hosting and organizing such a fantastic day.

As a new retailer, it was gratifying to get such a warm reception from a great group of Head-fiers. I regret not being able to get around to more member tables to check out their gear.

Thanks to the previous posters who gave me shout-outs. Happy to be there with some gear you wanted to hear. Most listened to and commented upon over the day were the Master & Dynamic MH40 and the Grado GS1000e.

Anyone in the metro area looking to audition anything we've got, just give me a holler. Thanks!

Your Welcome,

For the first time out you came well prepared with a great showing of gear!
Happy you made it ,you where part of what made  the meet so great.

May 4, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #36 of 116
Dutch, thanks for the kind words and nice review of the Stax SR-X Mk3 Pro. Got great feedback from all who had the opportunity to listen and some interesting facial reactions when I mentioned they are a 35 year old model. Always fun to share, especially when there is such an interesting backstory. Better soundstage than the standard bias SR-X but still a bit limited but the natural timbre and overall real sound far outweigh that shortcoming and placement of instruments along with their depth can be addicting.

I too did not get in as many listens to other gear as I hoped but I keep improving that ratio with each meet.

Great time as always, just wish the Fall meet was a bit closer timewise.

A Big Thank You to all who attended, the fellowship is a major part of the fun.

Looking forward to more additions to the thread.

:xf_eek:

May 4, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #37 of 116
I will be working on a report tomorrow and get pictures up also I thought this was a spectacular event. The members turning out is always fun and seeing all our NY friends is awesome and our friends came from all over to this meet. Tom did a fantastic job and it keeps getting great support and the vendors who also make this a terrific event were all welcomed and terrific to hang with.  Cannot wait till the fall meet and seeing everyone again. The support is as strong as ever and new member are always welcome and appreciated. Zwesome rigs and couple interesting prototypes. Grorge Lennz and Roger's  joint amp sounded fantastic with the HD800. Th Zana Deux also was special with the hd800 and really impressed with the HE100. The Ether and tricked out WA5 Jack did was spectacular and for many will be totally end game. It was good to see Jack  and Dan on the new project with the WA5 as both are pushing the hobby to a higher level . Stay tuned for the Headphone,Guru reports and also will be posted here for our community.

May 4, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #39 of 116
I plan on doing a more in depth  write up with the perspective of a first timer and relatively new Head-Fier when time permits. I did want to give a quick thanks to organizers vendors and everyone else who made it a wonderful experience. Here are a few pic. Again thanks to all.

Setting up my modest equipment.

Ready to go.

Kerrys custom built setup. All I  can say is WOW was my favorite. I also had the pleasure of being set up next to him. More to come about that.

It took everything I had not to drool all over the McIntosh. Had the pleasure of hearing the Senn HD650s on it with a custom cable I got for my HD600 was awesome. More on the cable as I plan on a review. McIntosh owner was so impressed with cable he grabbed  me on the way out to get the info on it.

Pic of cable under $45.00

Got to finally hear the HD800 on this rig.

Woo Audio was art.                                                                   My lady Paula enjoying the Woo.

May 4, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #40 of 116
Had a really nice time! Thanks to everyone who came and was gracious enough to share their equipment, experience and knowledge.  A lot of very generous people.  Thanks especially to Tom (and whoever else may have been involved) for organizing.  Wish I was able to make it around to more tables, I know I missed some really cool stuff.

May 4, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #41 of 116
I am really enjoying all the pictures being shared!  Great job!!  I sure missed a lot even though I did make it to a lot of spots and talked to a lot of folks.  Guess I will have to go back again.  Wait!  Not until Fall?? Ugh!  

May 4, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #42 of 116
I will be working on a report tomorrow and get pictures up also I thought this was a spectacular event. The members turning out is always fun and seeing all our NY friends is awesome and our friends came from all over to this meet. Tom did a fantastic job and it keeps getting great support and the vendors who also make this a terrific event were all welcomed and terrific to hang with.  Cannot wait till the fall meet and seeing everyone again. The support is as strong as ever and new member are always welcome and appreciated. Zwesome rigs and couple interesting prototypes. Grorge Lennz and Roger's  joint amp sounded fantastic with the HD800. Th Zana Deux also was special with the hd800 and really impressed with the HE100. The Ether and tricked out WA5 Jack did was spectacular and for many will be totally end game. It was good to see Jack  and Dan on the new project with the WA5 as both are pushing the hobby to a higher level . Stay tuned for the Headphone,Guru reports and also will be posted here for our community.

+1 looking forward to your impressions.

May 4, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #43 of 116
All,

I first want to give a big THANK YOU to the two Toms:  bozebuttons for organizing the meet, and speedracer for helping with the extension cords and the not-so-silent auction!

Another big THANK YOU to Dan @ Mr. Speakers for lending us a pair of ETHER's (4-pin XLR cabled) - they sounded sublime and are VERY comfy to wear!

And a big (perhaps the biggest) THANK YOU to everyone who came to the meet, stopped by to say hi and give a listen, contributed to the auction, and had FUN! 
This is why we keep coming to the meets... to get together, have a chat, have a listen, and have a fun time!

Not sure when the Fall meet will be (hopefully not the same weekend as RMAF or the NY Audio Show) - but Alexis and I hope to be there!

Cheers!

Vinnie

May 4, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #45 of 116
  You know I am.  :)  This my first set of high end headphones.  They work well my STX sound card.  I just ordered a Little Dot MK III for even more fun.

Send me an email through my website or PM me, I have some pictures of your headphones from my photo-booth that it might be nice for you to have.  Glad you're enjoying them and equally happy that it helped support the meet.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back