OFFICIAL NEW YORK CITY MEET. Saturday Nov 13th, 12pm - 5pm
Nov 13, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #406 of 448
[size=medium]Contact # 347-613-2680[/size]
[size=x-small]If anyone needs to contact me, you can reach me at this number in the morning. [/size]

Is there anyone's name on the list that isn't going to make it?

Nov 13, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #407 of 448
A note about sources.

My Cary 306/200 has both RCA and Balanced outputs, that can run at the same time, so two amps can be hooked up at the same time (as long as one has balanced inputs). I will add a Balanced IC's to my inventory

Also, I know they are not high end, but both Ray Samuels and I are bringing our Sony D-25s CDP's, and I will add a Kimber 1/8" to RCA and Kimber 1/8" to 1/8" IC's to run into amps.

Be there or be square!

Ray's flight arrives at LaGuardia at 10:34, and I will use my Car Service driving experience to get us there on time (everyone knows if there is one drop of spit on the LaGuardia tarmac, it causes massive delays).
Ray is bringing one of every amp he makes, including a new phono stage...so if anyone can bring a TT with some vinyl, it would add to our sources. Mine are too heavy and complicated to move and set-up.
If someone has a Music Hall or a Pro-Ject, and says they are bringing it, I can bring some AudioPhile vinyl that would bring tears to our digital dedicatees eyes.
cool.gif

Nov 13, 2004 at 2:22 AM Post #409 of 448
my turntable is a piece of crap so you probably don't want me bringing it - plus atm all my vinyl is in Delaware (space issue) except for one i just bought, rats. anyhow i checked everything out and i dont think i can carry it
confused.gif

Nov 13, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #410 of 448
damn i just realized that i dont have any CDs with my musici, gonna burn MP3 disk right now. Guys, do all sources support MP3?

Nov 13, 2004 at 3:03 AM Post #411 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
damn i just realized that i dont have any CDs with my musici, gonna burn MP3 disk right now. Guys, do all sources support MP3?

The Toshiba 3950 does...

-Drew

Nov 13, 2004 at 3:05 AM Post #412 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by drewd
The Toshiba 3950 does...

-Drew

is it the only one? Because i will have all of my music on my iriver and couple of albums on a mp3 cd

Nov 13, 2004 at 3:06 AM Post #413 of 448
The Meridian G08 will play MP3s too

Quote:

is it the only one? Because i will have all of my music on my iriver and couple of albums on a mp3 cd

Nov 13, 2004 at 3:11 AM Post #414 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by drewd
Man, you guys are going to have fun! While living in the hinterlands of southwestern Idaho has it's good points, one of the bad things is that it's pretty hopeless to get anything remotely resembling a meet like yours together. You have no idea how envious I am!

I wanted to let everyone know that the Maxi Moy that's sitting in Erik's hot little hands is a Signature version, even though it has the standard faceplate. It's one of the first Signatures made and the fancy faceplates weren't around when I put it together - somehow I never got around to updating it.

Also, the Pimeta Signature has the older style back plate without the Cardas RCA jacks and engraved lettering. But what you hear from both amps is pure Signature
smily_headphones1.gif

Have fun tomorrow!

-Drew

Thanks again Drew. Wish you could make it tomorrow. You'll have to plan your next vacation around a NYC Head-Fi meet. Besides the meet, I understand it's not a bad place to visit, either.
wink.gif

Nov 13, 2004 at 3:25 AM Post #415 of 448
btw guy, i am STILL confused about location! LOL i will take out my MTA map and try to figure it out with my mom coz she knows manhattan very well. So if i will be a little late, i am very sorry, i am leaving at 10:40, an hour should be enough

Nov 13, 2004 at 3:47 AM Post #416 of 448
Quote:

btw guy, i am STILL confused about location! LOL i will take out my MTA map and try to figure it out with my mom coz she knows manhattan very well. So if i will be a little late, i am very sorry, i am leaving at 10:40, an hour should be enough

What's the closest subway stop to your house?

Nov 13, 2004 at 4:07 AM Post #417 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
What's the closest subway stop to your house?

ok here r direction i got
Q train to 14st Union Sq.
on same platform N,R one stop to 23rd St.
Use exit in the end of the train and go AWAY from the park one block to E22nd and turn left to E22, walk a block and im there, and if something i will ask a cop. but i have to find the builing it self, cops should be there so they'll help

Nov 13, 2004 at 4:08 AM Post #418 of 448
Due to a family emergency I will not be making the meet.
I am sending a stock Philips SACD1000 & Stan Warren modified one as well as a pair of OmegaIIs.

Nov 13, 2004 at 4:11 AM Post #419 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
Due to a family emergency I will not be making the meet.
I am sending a stock Philips SACD1000 & Stan Warren modified one as well as a pair of OmegaIIs.

We're sorry to hear about this, Tom. I hope everything turns out OK. You will be missed.

Nov 13, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #420 of 448
I'll be thinking of you and sending well wishes.

Best Regards,
Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back