OFFICIAL New Jersey (East Hanover) meet thread, July 26th
Jul 2, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #46 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by 88db /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will bring:Tonewin HD19 cd player

way kewl! i will bring some hdcd's that i have never heard with proper decoding.

Jul 2, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #47 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
15 attendees... good stuff! Now we're cookin'

With 88 and jinp's guest we are at 17 ... room is rated for 25, only 8 seats left!

Be there or be square!

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #48 of 214
I'll be coming & looking forward to it. I'm a local (West Orange) & can give rides from the train or bus. Since I am a homeowner w/ a toddler, I only have value (inexpensive) equipment: Allessandro MS-1 & KSC-75 headphones, Entech 205.2, 2nd gen ipod, iaudio m3, 2x pcd players, old school Pioneer PM-7100 cd player (if I want to carry it) & Meier Porta Corda II amp. I also have a turbodock & various cables. I am looking forward to trying some better equipment for upgrading someday. Is somebody bringing the Denon D2000's that everybody seems to love? I would really like to try them.
For food, I think there is a diner on Rt. 10 in Whippany or East Hanover. Ruth's Chris is close by if anyone is interested!

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #49 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
way kewl! i will bring some hdcd's that i have never heard with proper decoding.

i think my friend's audio alchemy dac also does hdcd decoding as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #50 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by clauswitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For food, I think there is a diner on Rt. 10 in Whippany or East Hanover. Ruth's Chris is close by if anyone is interested!

Earlier we proposed the two nearby diners on Rt. 10: Brookside and Golden Touch -- any preference? There was a third (Whippany Diner) but I think it closed. Also pretty close on Rt 10 in Livingston is the Ritz Diner, which won "best diner in NJ" awards a few years, but it is very small and I doubt we can get a big table on Sat. night. Ruth Chris is I think too high $$$ for the students, etc. But there is a Lone Star, and an Outback close if steak is the choice. Opinons??

And we haven't discussed after dinner! There's Molly Malone's, some other good bars ... hey we are JERSEY so I assume we roust 'til dawn.

Jul 3, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #51 of 214
Well, except for those of us stuck at the worst age possible, 20.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #52 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by chzplz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll do my darndest to be there with:

HP's:
Darth Beyers V3 regular cup (Cocobolo wood, blackgold cable)
Markl-modded D5000's

Amps:
Lisa III
Little Dot Mk Iv SE with some of my more recent fav tubes

Source:
Sony D-25s (maybe, is skittering now, hopefully just needs cleaning)
Ipod classic 160gb w/Turbo LOD-RCA

Ira

I should also have received the Meier Corda Opera I just bought by then
icon10.gif

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #53 of 214
18 people... things are filling up! Someone just signed up by PM, flashnolan.

Jul 4, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #55 of 214
20 is just what we told the hotel; they can't really enforce it. The "legal occupancy" number is 25.

The real issue is air conditioning. The Seattle meet had a big problem with 30 people plus amps -- sweat shop! July is Jersey Steamer days, so HVAC is key.

I think we are fine, still openings left, let's keep counting.

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #56 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by WJS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey-

Can I be the "offical" photographer??

Eh, why not? What kind of gear do you have?

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #59 of 214
Mama's got a squeezebox she wears on her chest, and when daddy comes home, he never gets no rest...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #60 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mama's got a squeezebox

Curses on you MD, now I can't get that stupid tune out of my head. In and Out and In and Out ... terrible to hear that while watching the fireworks!

BTW my wife thinks that Macaroni Grill will do better than either diner (Brookside or Golden Touch) for a big crowd. And then the old folks go next door to Chili's to down beers 'til closing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back