OFFICIAL New Jersey (East Hanover) meet thread, July 26th
Jun 26, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #18 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should MD1032 send the PMs, since MD1032 is the OP and the one in charge??

Let me know if you want me to send any; we could split the list.

I'll send Wayne a PM. He's a great guy, great help. Jude seems to be busy. I sent him a PM a couple days ago and no response yet. Don't hesitate. I'm not "in charge", I just made the threads and posted around. This is our meet, so go ahead and take any actions you feel would further the cause and post back! I'll just keep updating the original post as often as I have time.

nikongod, I have only one request, and that's that you bring those HP-2's I heard again. Those things are unbelievable... I'm dying to hear them again!

Jun 27, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #20 of 214
UPDATED

Looks like Thinkpads are rocking the meet right now!
biggrin.gif

Good stuff, grandenigma, I'm itching to hear that pico.

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #21 of 214
I might be able to make it. If i come, I will be driving from Brooklyn so I can pick up people on the way.

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #22 of 214
I should be able to make it. I will be driving out from Downtown Jersey City so NYC people that can make it to the Grove Street PATH station can ride out with me or I could pick people up at the NJ Transit station near the Hotel.

I will be bringing:

Headphone: Stax Omega II
Amp: Rockhopper KGSS
Source: Probably Cary CD-303/300

I might try to throw in another source, SACD, Reel to Reel, highly modified FM Tuner.

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #24 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm itching to hear that pico.

We gotta do head-to-head pico v. predator. An amp test, and a usb dac test. If we set this up right we could do it single-blind! I will keep burning in my predator to reach the huge # of hours claimed on the predator thread.

Gain settings will be an issue.

I say we test with Shure 530's (realistic test), and a torture test with 600-Ohm Beyer 880's (bringing both). Other ideas?

MD: OK, I will send some person PM's to NY'ers I've met in other threads and urge them to come. We are at 50% capacity now roughly.

??? Are we going to do a poll on Sat. dinner reservations? Headcount, and choice of food {Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Italian, Basic American}. Sat nite is impossible to do walk-in this part of NJ.

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #26 of 214
Quote:

??? Are we going to do a poll on Sat. dinner reservations? Headcount, and choice of food {Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Italian, Basic American}. Sat nite is impossible to do walk-in this part of NJ.

I would say we should start thinking about this in a couple of weeks. That was we will know who is coming. We should start getting a count of who would be bringing guests.

Jun 29, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #27 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might try to throw in another source, SACD, Reel to Reel, highly modified FM Tuner.

Please bring the Reel to Reel. I have been dying to hear one.

Quote:

Honestly if we are having an NJ meet we have to go to a diner. It is the only way to truely honor NJ.

Jun 30, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #28 of 214
hahahaha, that's true. wavoman?

I'll update the thread tomorrow morning. Early start for me at 5:30am on weekdays!

Jun 30, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #29 of 214
My friend is probably coming

He will (hopefully) be bringing

Transport:
audio alchemy ddsIII

Source:
audio alchemy DDE 3.0 (DAC)
entech number cruncher 203.2 (DAC)

Amps:
audio alchemy HPA 1
total bithead
ckkIII
millet hybrid max

Headphones:
K501
HD580
ER4S
KSC35

Other:
audio alchemy DTI 2.0 (jitter reducing thingy)

Jun 30, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #30 of 214
SuperNothing is right! He out-thought me!

NJ is indeed the land of the diner. The Brookside Diner is close by and everything you want in such a place.

It'll be jammed, but if I talk to the owner and pre-pay fifty bucks (I'm guessing) he can have a table of 20 waiting and we can each order off the menu ... the banker always gets screwed so I'll bank when the check comes.

What a great idea! I say we treat SuperNothing to his share ... or stick him with the whole check, something like that.

Another diner close by is Golden Touch. Haven't been to either in a long time, but memory says Brookside was better. Other suggestions welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back