OFFICIAL New Jersey (East Hanover) meet thread, July 26th
Jul 24, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #182 of 214
No. Must be a malldian thing.
smily_headphones1.gif

I am extremely pumped for this meet, though. I can't believe the gear lineup we've assembled with only 25-30 people. I'm really eager to hear all of your rigs.

Personally, I pre-burn test CD's before each meet, that way I have an efficient way of diagnosing how awesome each system is with various music.

Jul 25, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #184 of 214
Trust me, it's worth it to do the thinking beforehand. Take some headphones you already own and "pretend" to compare them, then see which tracks you are listening to. Make a CD or two, then bring a few more. IME, though, the two CD's are what gets used a lot.

Jul 25, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #185 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I forgot that I'm bring an iMod with matching cable...

Now you tell me! I saw there were no Red Wine iMods to pair with the iQube (perfect form-factor match) so I bought a banged-up one from a Head-Fi'er on the weekend just to have it. It arrived, and it works great. Includes the matching ALO cable ... you built your cable yes? Up for a shoot-out?

Yea, I should have edited the gear list.

Headzone might not be fully ready for public display/evaluation. Beyer support has been fantastic, both U.S. and Germany pulled out all stops to get me the proper equipment for the meet, including fixing some mistakes of Amazon's, but there are still hardware and firmware issues I am struggling with.

I may have it working only for DVDs with DTS and Dolby soundtracks. I ordered a number of rock concert DVDs from Amazon with highly-regarded SQ soundtracks for us to review at the meet -- should be in my hands by Friday. I will also bring a 21" HDTV by Samsung (likewise from Amazon for Friday delivery) so we can watch the video.

If it's under 2 feet, it fits in my space! Other than the Headzone and the Oppo to drive it, everything else is a pocket amp, PMP, or the cans themselves.

If we party long enough after the meet, all this stuff will be in my trunk and it will be so late at night that I can sneak the gear into my house and install in the listening room without "informing" my wife. The Amazon credit card bill comes to me, so I have that covered. Gear in the room changes all the time so the hope is nothing new will be noticed. Of course she had a shoe party in June where they sold $6K worth of shoes to lots of women who supposedly know us but I have never seen before (they drank a lot of my booze, mostly fancy girlie drinks, used up the Cuervo and Captain Morgan's). I therefore feel emboldened.

Jul 25, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #186 of 214
"Originally Posted by SACD-Man
I forgot that I'm bring an iMod with matching cable...
Now you tell me! I saw there were no Red Wine iMods to pair with the iQube (perfect form-factor match) so I bought a banged-up one from a Head-Fi'er on the weekend just to have it. It arrived, and it works great. Includes the matching ALO cable ... you built your cable yes? Up for a shoot-out?

Yea, I should have edited the gear list"

I do not make a "iMod" cable YET. However the future is, well.....let's leave it at that...

LOD testing away!!!!

Jul 25, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #188 of 214
Looks like I'll be coming to the meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll be bringing my vintage RS-1's, recabled SA5000's, recabled and balanced K340's, SCPH-1001 Playstation, and various other things.

I was just thinking it might be nice to bring a router as well.

Can anyone accommodate a 3.5" SATA HDD? I will be lacking an adapter cable or desktop computer, though I might be able to swap out the drive in my dad's external western digital.

Jul 25, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #189 of 214
Glad you're making it. I believe we've attended a few meets together before.

Jul 26, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #191 of 214
Other than the SRM-1/MK2, will there be any other ss Stax amps at the meet? If so, I would be very interested in comparisons between the O2MK2/007tii combo and the O2MK2/Solid State combo.

Jul 26, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #192 of 214
I will have my Rockhopper KGSS. If SACD-Man will allow it we might be able to compare Mark II versus Mark I and tube vs SS. I have the early version Omega II.

Jul 26, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #193 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will have my Rockhopper KGSS. If SACD-Man will allow it we might be able to compare Mark II versus Mark I and tube vs SS. I have the early version Omega II.

Nice. I look forward to those impressions.

Jul 26, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #194 of 214
Just came back from checking on the hotel, and everything is perfect. They nailed it ... tables on all 4 sides of the room with just enough room to walk behind, chairs on the inside facing out, room to move inside the square ring of tables, plenty of HVAC, free bottles of water for everyone, 30 places all marked.

We are in Room A. If it is raining and you want cover, pull up in front of the hotel (it has a canopy), walk thru the little lobby (check-in on your right), and turn left when you past check-in. Go to the very end of the hall, turn right, and we are the first room on the left -- it will be marked (and/or the door will be open so you can look in; it is hard to confuse us with a bowling league). Drop off your gear, then go back and move your car to the parking lot.

If it is not raining, you can sneak in the side door (left side of the building as you face it from the street -- park in the lot on that side). We won't prop it open so that we don't leak HVAC, but we will try to tape the lock open watergate-style (oh yea, most of you are too young to get that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back