OFFICIAL NATIONAL MEET IMPRESSION THREAD
Oct 2, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #796 of 813
I run everythig off batteries...big Friggin' batteries
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #797 of 813
Quote:

Originally Posted by FA22RaptorF22
you can correct me if im wrong...but the one thing i never see at these meets is the wonderful device by the name of a "power conditioner"

I bring one to every meet I go to. I often set-up next to someone with a big rig so I can let them steal some clean juice. But I do see folks from time to time bring there own.

Oct 2, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #798 of 813
Quote:

Originally Posted by FA22RaptorF22
you can correct me if im wrong...but the one thing i never see at these meets is the wonderful device by the name of a "power conditioner" anyone hear of one?????? i just don't get it. for all that equipment, you'd think ppl would put good power into their stuff... i get pissed off by that 60hz hum...i would think that people would hear that and fix it...odd don't you think.

I brought my Monster Power HTS3500MKII for what it's worth on both days - the Tower of Power needs to squat in a clean moat!

Oct 2, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #799 of 813
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I brought my Monster Power HTS3500MKII for what it's worth on both days - the Tower of Power needs to squat in a clean moat!

Ditto. I brought my HTS3500MKII as well.

Oct 3, 2006 at 1:09 PM Post #800 of 813
My rig was hooked up to my PS Audio UPC200.
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 1:30 PM Post #801 of 813
I'd love to do a Power Cord/Power Conditioner shootout one day. I have a fat Balanced Power Technologies pc plugged into my SRM-1/MKII, but I'm not 100% sure it's an improvement over a standard cord. It seems like it makes a difference but it's not an entirely obvious one. I'd like to be able to compare power cords and conditioners on my system as well as other, better systems to see how much these things make a difference.

Oct 5, 2006 at 3:47 PM Post #803 of 813
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
I'd love to do a Power Cord/Power Conditioner shootout one day. I have a fat Balanced Power Technologies pc plugged into my SRM-1/MKII, but I'm not 100% sure it's an improvement over a standard cord. It seems like it makes a difference but it's not an entirely obvious one. I'd like to be able to compare power cords and conditioners on my system as well as other, better systems to see how much these things make a difference.

We'll have to get some BlackSand Violet power cords that Markl rated at the top of his heap -- a staggering list of power cords he's auditioned and reviewed!

Oct 5, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #804 of 813
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
We'll have to get some BlackSand Violet power cords that Markl rated at the top of his heap -- a staggering list of power cords he's auditioned and reviewed!

Not to imply that they don't make a difference. What I mean is do they make a difference to my ears. Too bad I'm not going to be at the Nov. meet. I might have to organize soemthing in "bucolic" Westchester in order to get to a meet.

Dec 12, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #807 of 813
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think thats the first time I've heard someone say one Burger King is better than another
tongue.gif

Years ago my friends would go miles out of the way because one dairy queen had significantly better food another just down the road. It happens (myself, I don't generally go to dairy queen for food
wink.gif
)

Dec 17, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #808 of 813
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just want to say, gosh darn it, i wish i knew about this meet before, i live like 2 blocks from there!

the burger king across the street is great btw

i ate at that BK with edwood and some of the NYC gang - i agree, that was one good BK Broiler!

Dec 17, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #809 of 813
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Count me in. I'll do the Seaman 2nd Class E.T. 'Sonar' Lovacelli thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back