Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
Jul 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #616 of 665
Friendly reminder.....don't pull up to the front of the hotel to unload your gear!

LOADING/UNLOADING INFORMATION

Attendees hosting tables will need to use the loading dock located on Vassar Street behind the hotel for loading and unloading of equipment. Hotel security is located at the loading dock and can help direct guests to the meeting rooms on the 2nd floor.  For a quick description, guests will make a left when entering the hotel from the loading dock area, go through double doors to the elevator (it only goes to the 2nd floor), follow the hallway upon exiting the elevator through the double doors that open to the Ventura Foyer.  After unloading vehicles meet attendees can move their vehicles to the parking structure or to available street parking.

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #618 of 665
Quote:
wow you're coming from the bay?

Yup.  Works out nicely for me... I grew up in Studio City, where my folks still live.  I'm bringing my two little kids down and leaving them with the (very enthusiastic) grandparents.  Meanwhile, my wife gets to work on projects around the house that are harder to do with the munchkins around.  Oh, and it's my dad's birthday on Sunday.

All good stuff, of course, but let's not forget that I get to hang out with fellow headphone junkies again.  (This'll be my fourth meet... two in the Bay Area, two in LA.)

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #622 of 665
Hello,
I'd like to register the intent of two people attending the HEad-Fi show tomorrow at the Marriott, Warner Center.
Names: Mike Smyth and Stephen Smyth.
We're from outside the USA - does that count for a discount?
In any event we'll just be paying at the door.
Best regards,
Rimrocks

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #623 of 665
@third_eye - Done!
smile.gif

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #624 of 665
Quote:
Hello,
I'd like to register the intent of two people attending the HEad-Fi show tomorrow at the Marriott, Warner Center.
Best regards,
Rimrocks

wow in that case i should also get discount and refund of my ticket! :p cause i am, though working here, from East India and dont yet have my green card :p :p

Jul 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #625 of 665
Quote:
Hello,
Best regards,
Rimrocks

I know this may sound stupid but, are you part of the svs smyth realisers? Or rather.. are you resellers for them?

Jul 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #626 of 665
Hey all, we're looking forward to tomorrow!

So much so, that it looks like nearly the whole crew will be there at some point: me, Mike, Rina, Tony, Alex, Heather...though we might have to smuggle Alex and Heather in, since we were dumb enough not to get badges for them early enough.

But, in any case, if you have questions, we won't have an excuse for having no answers...ask Mike about digital, Tony about Linux, Rina and Heather about sound, and me, well, just expect me to be my normal marketing-shill self. 

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #627 of 665
Quote:
just expect me to be my normal marketing-shill self. 

Hey Jason, are you bringing any Bifrosts with Uber and Gen 2 USB?  I would love to borrow one for about an hour to A/B with what I've got... and perhaps put in an order...

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #628 of 665
in addition to the stuff I posted earlier I'll also be bringing an assortment of various stax lambdas and amps. they'll be for sale since I need to unload some of it. I figure I'll have less to pack when I leave and you'll save on shipping. bring cash if interested

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #630 of 665
I'm here.

I'm working on my laptop in the restaurant.

If you're here, come join me and save me from work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back