Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
Jul 17, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #542 of 665
Quote:
Maybe easier, But not everyone owns a ipod or iphone? And sound quality should be similar i would say ! Guess we will see! Kinda seems like a shot at my walkman comments?

No shot at all, iOS devices are simply more widely used, and while unfortunately it may not work for you, in general it's the easiest way besides CDs (which for a discless Mac like mine won't work) to enable people to play their own source material without messing about with cables during a busy meet...  

I don't have a quality transport for CDs right now, but that's probably a good future investment.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jul 17, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #543 of 665
Quote:
and I regret not getting to hear your cans at The Headphonium (and I should've had
you there at your own table - I'm so sorry about that).  I hear amazing things and
I'm pumped to hear them on the ALO Studio Six! I'm bringin' that badboy and maybe
my E.A.R HP4 (my current reference)

I look forward to hearing them on the ALO as well, I've been getting some questions I can't answer about the SQ....  See you Saturday!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jul 17, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #544 of 665
Quote:

No shot at all, iOS devices are simply more widely used, and while unfortunately it may not work for you, in general it's the easiest way besides CDs (which for a discless Mac like mine won't work) to enable people to play their own source material without messing about with cables during a busy meet...  

I don't have a quality transport for CDs right now, but that's probably a good future investment.  

Cool thanks for your reasoning...You are right. Hope to meet you there as well! 

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #545 of 665
Glad to see this thread heating up in the days leading up to the event. I can't wait. I've been to the last two LA meets and this should be every bit as big or even bigger than the last two.

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #546 of 665
Yup!  Here's hoping it will be one of the best L.A. meets ever! 
smile.gif

It's been an absolute madhouse just helping out, I can only imagine what third_eye is going through.  So in case I forget to say this later due to the hustle and bustle of the goings on and what not... THANKS  FOR EVERYTHING ETHAN!!!
beerchug.gif

And just to kick things up a notch, Ethan and I have just finished the meet maps, which are now off to print:

​
 ​

I dunno, looks kinda epic to me! 
biggrin.gif
  Great gear, great peeps, what more could we ask for?

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #548 of 665
Hey Guys!  I just signed up for the meet. Looking forward to checking out the gear and meeting you guys.  I've got a pair of He-400's and a Schiit Modi/Magni stack that I could bring though I see that others are already bringing them, so I'll leave those at home :).  Also have a pair of Etymotic ER4S though those are hard to share inner ear headphones due to sanitation.  Though i've got a couple extra tips if someone really wanted to hear them.  I'll see you there!

EDIT:
Does anybody know if Schiit is going to have some of their products there?  I've been mulling over grabbing their 6" RCA cables to clean up the wiring of the Modi/Magni.  

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #549 of 665
Quote:
Hey Guys!  I just signed up for the meet. Looking forward to checking out the gear and meeting you guys.  I've got a pair of He-400's and a Schiit Modi/Magni stack that I could bring though I see that others are already bringing them, so I'll leave those at home :).  Also have a pair of Etymotic ER4S though those are hard to share inner ear headphones due to sanitation.  Though i've got a couple extra tips if someone really wanted to hear them.  I'll see you there!

EDIT:
Does anybody know if Schiit is going to have some of their products there?  I've been mulling over grabbing their 6" RCA cables to clean up the wiring of the Modi/Magni.  

Welcome, added you to the list!

Schiit will be there will plenty of products!!

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #551 of 665
Quote:

EDIT:

Well, they're probably gonna bring an extra PYST cable now...
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #553 of 665
I'll be there :) Bringing my HD598, DT770 LEs, PX100-IIs, HD25-1 IIs, SE215s, and Klipsch X10s, along with my HRT Microstreamer and, if it arrives in time, the new HRT Music Streamer HD O_o Would be good to have table space, maybe half a table/enough space for my laptop and cans, but I can survive without it :)

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #554 of 665
Just an FYI:

Many TOTL rigs in the past have been CD only rigs. It might be a good idea to burn a CD of your favorite music.

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #555 of 665
I wasn't planning on bringing any gear, but I have a Benchmark DAC2, Wywires USB cable, and Jriver laptop with lots of hi-rez DSD and PCM files.  I didn't see Benchmark on the gear list so if there's any interest in me bringing it, let me know. 

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back