Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
May 7, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #76 of 665
We're actually moving back to the Bay Area - but I'll definitely come down to this guys!!
I was at the last one w/ Jude - and I don't pass up an opp to see my friends and hear some cool stuff!

Believe me, when T.H.E Show Newport approached me to help with their Headphonium event,
at that show end of the month, I thought of this meet when I pitched in!!

I sincerely hope you guys will come check it out.
I heard from Jude today and he's gonna try and make it.  

I'd love to meet the person who puts these together, because I would love to set up a 
Northern California Regional Meet!  I got a 20,000 square-foot audio store that wants to host it.
I worked for them for a bit...

As a writer/reviewer, who's been doing this almost 20 years (and I'm only 38), I never
got into any event planning before - so ANY input would be greatly appreciated,

That said:
I'm THERE for this one!!

May 7, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #77 of 665
Quote:
We're actually moving back to the Bay Area - but I'll definitely come down to this guys!!
I was at the last one w/ Jude - and I don't pass up an opp to see my friends and hear some cool stuff!

Believe me, when T.H.E Show Newport approached me to help with their Headphonium event,

I'd love to meet the person who puts these together, because I would love to set up a 
Northern California Regional Meet!  I got a 20,000 square-foot audio store that wants to host it.

As a writer/reviewer, who's been doing this almost 20 years (and I'm only 38), I never

That said:
I'm THERE for this one!!

Awesome, will be great to see you there! I will attend The Show on the Saturday along with a friend or 2. Happy to give you input on hosting the event via PM!

May 8, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #78 of 665
Quote:

That said:
I'm THERE for this one!!

Mike, might want to start planning for the NorCal meet when you move up here. There's some interest around organizing another one (although it's been a mostly three-way conversation thus far 
size]
) here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/662769/sf-bay-area-california-interest-check

Where's the audio store located at?

And it's odd you're relocating back here as I was just reading about pitch perfect audio relocating to LA shortly this year.

May 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #80 of 665
Quote:

Mike, might want to start planning for the NorCal meet when you move up here. There's some interest around organizing another one (although it's been a mostly three-way conversation thus far 
size]
) here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/662769/sf-bay-area-california-interest-check

Where's the audio store located at?

And it's odd you're relocating back here as I was just reading about pitch perfect audio relocating to LA shortly this year.

HEY!
Great idea - dig into a NorCal meet once we're back up there.
We're moving to Windsor - and the store is called Soundscape in Santa Rosa (PLS forgive the awful website - I always kid Marc, the owner, about it).
Here's the link to the store - it used to be a furniture store, so there's TONS of room! 20.000 square feet!  He has art exhibitions there:

http://soundscapeav.com/

May 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #81 of 665
May 9, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #82 of 665
Hey everyone, good to see y'all.  I'll be there of course, with fellow Head-Fier weirdfishes in tow.

At the least, I plan to bring a D7100, O2, Pioneer SE-A1000 (which no one seems to know about), and maybe some IEMs if y'all want to BYOT[ips].  I also hope to bring a D7000 and a Quadraflex Q-35 if I can get them here and listenable in time. 
smile.gif

First T.H.E. Show, then this meet?  Fun times ahead!

May 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #84 of 665
Quote:
Ultimate Ears will be bringing the following products to demo at their table!

UE 900
UE5 
UE7 
UE11
UE18
UE RM
UE PRM

Are they also bringing down that dial-in configurator thing-a-ma-jig from upstate? 
smile.gif

May 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #86 of 665
Quote:
Quote:
Are they also bringing down that dial-in configurator thing-a-ma-jig from upstate? 
smile.gif

Doesn't look like it. They are bringing an amp with multiple splitters and will allow people to demo with their own portables..

Then how're they gonna do that on-the-spot audiologist and order your UEPRM now thing?  Oh I see, not gonna happen.

Keen to check out a UE900 though.  Bet it's got a better low end (and maybe doesn't run as hot up top) as my UE700.

May 9, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #87 of 665
Quote:
OMG!  My eyes!

It's terrible isn't it!
I told him its like the first website every built!  LOL

But he won't change it because he does so well (so, spend that money on a new site I say),
and I did learn alot about Hifi retail from Marc - having only written about it before working there years ago.

May 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #90 of 665
I will try to make it as well.  Not sure If I will be in SoCal around that time though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back