Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
Jun 21, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #301 of 665
I'm excited about the July 20 meet, but also, another LA meet before the end of the year would be fun. I am thinking about volunteering to organize something in the fall, maybe October or November. I've never done this before, so I don't know what I'm getting into, and I don't know who else would want to help, but I thought I would mention it for the people who are sad to be missing the July 20 meet.

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #302 of 665
Quote:
I am thinking about volunteering to organize something

Holding you to that!  LOL 
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #305 of 665
Quote:
Bad news, I don't think the text is going to work for the single-malt glasses.  Still a good suggestion though
bigsmile_face.gif

Hey, no worries, they are awesome as-is!

Quote:
Quote:

Holding you to that!  LOL 
biggrin.gif

I know, I said it here, so can't back down now.
beyersmile.png

It can be a lot of work at times, but it's also unbelievably fun!  If you're the kind of person that has always like to help host things, you'll get a huge kick out of it!

Quote:
Wow, really hard to believe BUT WE ARE ONLY 4 WEEKS OUT!!

TOO LONG TO WAIT! 
smile.gif

Jun 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #306 of 665
Dang..

I'm burning my 300B and finalizing the top plate and enclosure when it dawned on me that the HP interface will be balanced XLR's   That's going to greatly limit the number cans that will be able to plug in and listen.

I was especially looking forward to hearing it with HD800's.

Anyone bringing balanced Senn HD800's ? 

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #308 of 665
Quote:
Dang..

I'm burning my 300B and finalizing the top plate and enclosure when it dawned on me that the HP interface will be balanced XLR's   That's going to greatly limit the number cans that will be able to plug in and listen.

Pretty sure there will be more than one balanced HD800 at the meet.

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #310 of 665
Does any one happen to have a Leckerton UHA-6S mkii that they might be bringing to the meet? I'd really like to try that out with my custom iems. 
smile.gif

If not, its cool.

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #311 of 665
Quote:
Does any one happen to have a Leckerton UHA-6S mkii that they might be bringing to the meet? I'd really like to try that out with my custom iems. 
smile.gif

If not, its cool.

Its in the gear list on post # 2 of this thread so someone must have posted that they are bringing one. I'm also looking forward to hearing this with my Westone 4Rs.

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #312 of 665
Quote:
Dang..

I didn't notice that before.

Looks like you are using a 4 pin XLR connector, same as the AKG K1000?

I'm pretty sure I have an adapter the has a HP jack on one side and a 4 pin XLR on the other side. 

I just made the opposite type (HP plug to K1000 socket) so I can plug in my k1000's into my Lyr, but I found one I must have made a while ago, which I think would let you plug in normal cans into a balanced XLR jack, as long as its wired like the K1000.

I am out of town this week, so I can't check to see exactly what I have until next week.

Randy

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #313 of 665
Quote:

Its in the gear list on post # 2 of this thread so someone must have posted that they are bringing one. I'm also looking forward to hearing this with my Westone 4Rs.

Oh you're right! I must have missed that when I was skimming down the equipment list.

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #314 of 665
Quote:
I didn't notice that before.

Looks like you are using a 4 pin XLR connector, same as the AKG K1000?

I'm pretty sure I have an adapter the has a HP jack on one side and a 4 pin XLR on the other side. 

I just made the opposite type (HP plug to K1000 socket) so I can plug in my k1000's into my Lyr, but I found one I must have made a while ago, which I think would let you plug in normal cans into a balanced XLR jack, as long as its wired like the K1000.

I am out of town this week, so I can't check to see exactly what I have until next week.

Randy

I am putting in Neutrik 3 pin jacks.  
Part number NF2D-B-2

Jun 23, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #315 of 665
Dang..

I normally run my 800s SE, but I have a Cardas balanced cable that I can bring. The chance that I'll remember will be much greater if you PM me a reminder a day or two before the meet. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back