Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Dec 26, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #3,601 of 3,817
Planning to do this pad swap for the Aryas. How did you get it to attach? Did you rip the retaining ring from original ultrapads? How did you attach the ring to the Audeze pads? I have some extra ZMF Eikon pads, you think these can be used instead?
Also would be curious to know how similarly shaped ZMF pads would work for this mod. I'm using 3rd-party leather pads for my HEKse, and it attaches pretty easily via double-sided 3M adhesive rings without leaving residue. I imagine you could use the same for the more oval-shaped pads too.

Dec 27, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #3,602 of 3,817
Also would be curious to know how similarly shaped ZMF pads would work for this mod. I'm using 3rd-party leather pads for my HEKse, and it attaches pretty easily via double-sided 3M adhesive rings without leaving residue. I imagine you could use the same for the more oval-shaped pads too.
Can you send me a link of the tape? Thanks.

Feb 20, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #3,603 of 3,817
Hi all,
i recently purchased a pair of he1000se. Is it normal all this play at the swivel point of the cups (both cups are affected)? It seems like the play stems from tolerance beetween the bottom part of the swivel point and the cilindric pin connecting the bottom and the upper part. It is mainly annoying beacause since the cups tends to swivel off-axis, the increased friction makes swivel squeaky.
Also, seems like only one driver is affected by the (in)famous wrinkles of conductive traces. The other one looks totally neat, which is really strange to me, although a visual inspection is complicated because of the permanently-attached mesh.
What do you think?
Yes, my blue circles created a creepy face :upside_down::relaxed:

Attachments

• IMG_20220218_135118val.jpg
    IMG_20220218_135118val.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • ezgif-5-59619a2a42.gif
    ezgif-5-59619a2a42.gif
    9.8 MB · Views: 0
  • ezgif-5-aae1969ecb.gif
    ezgif-5-aae1969ecb.gif
    7.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 20, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #3,604 of 3,817
Hi all,
i recently purchased a pair of he1000se. Is it normal all this play at the swivel point of the cups (both cups are affected)? It seems like the play stems from tolerance beetween the bottom part of the swivel point and the cilindric pin connecting the bottom and the upper part. It is mainly annoying beacause since the cups tends to swivel off-axis, the increased friction makes swivel squeaky.
Also, seems like only one driver is affected by the (in)famous wrinkles of conductive traces. The other one looks totally neat, which is really strange to me, although a visual inspection is complicated because of the permanently-attached mesh.
What do you think?
The play is normal. With the susvara the tolerances are slightly tighter, but thats normal for the HE1000 V2 and SE (1000V1 was wayyyy worse.)

The wrinkles look normal for Hifiman but I'd email customer service to double check, can't hurt to ask.

If you are getting squeeks, a tiny drop or lubricant can help.

Feb 20, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #3,605 of 3,817
The play is normal. With the susvara the tolerances are slightly tighter, but thats normal for the HE1000 V2 and SE (1000V1 was wayyyy worse.)

The wrinkles look normal for Hifiman but I'd email customer service to double check, can't hurt to ask.

If you are getting squeeks, a tiny drop or lubricant can help.
Thank you for your answer. Actually, I already asked about the wrinkles to hifiman, but I was quietly disappointed by the answer (shortly, if the sound is fine, the driver is fine). Also the sound of my Utopia was perfectly fine, until without any apparent reason I heard a little click from one side and then nothing. Morover, it is not so obvious to determine if the sound is only sligthly affected by traces wrinkles, especially without any reference.
Concerning the joints play, susprisingly my Arya were quite tight, at the point that swivel was difficult on one side. Of course, this doesn't make them better, but at least probably they would have loosen to the right spot with time.

Mar 3, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #3,606 of 3,817
Hi all,
What do you think?

I am actually just having mine replaced over the same issues except the gap on mine is greater and the white rubber piece inbetween has unglued in the middle. Yours looks acceptable to me, but just barely…

Apr 16, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #3,610 of 3,817
Apr 16, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #3,611 of 3,817
Which cable for hifiman he1k? Norne cables or moon blue dragon

You can also read about FAW Noir Hybrid that geos rather well with HEKv1/2 and Susvara.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
May 1, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #3,612 of 3,817
arya v2 to hekse worth it?
noticable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back