Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Mar 23, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #2,987 of 3,817
Does anyone have any recommendations for the most cost-effective and most noticeable improvement with a cable upgrade for the HEKV2? Very difficult to audition and even when available at all Canjam events there us too much noise.

So far on the $400 range:

Moon audio silver dragon
Lavricables Master Silver cable
Norne, Toxic, Effect others?

Pure silver bs mixed with copper
Litz? Type of twist geometry, best termination for 1/4 in plug.

Thanks

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #2,990 of 3,817
You must be original owner i think.

Apr 2, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #2,991 of 3,817
Hi guys. I'm looking to purchase the HE1000 v2. Can I get some amp/dac recommendations and also do I need to pay $1k for an amp? I just got a Schiit Modi for my HD 650/Crack/Speedball. Do I need to upgrade? Thanks.

Apr 2, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #2,993 of 3,817
You never "need"to upgrade. It will just sounds better(likely-I haven't heard it with the Crack). I like my v1 with my MicroZOTL2 (and haves heard v2 with it, sounds really good). I'm waiting on v2 (won the free upgrade, but seems to take a bit of time to get it (and had Mojo Audio's upgrades On The ZOTL... I'll get back when v2 comes in.

Apr 2, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #2,994 of 3,817
I can't speak highly enough about Wywires Platinum cable with both my he1000 and Sony mdr1.

I owned a pair myself (for my Utopia) I consider them ok and reliable cable for sure, but imo you can do much better. Much depends on your budget and what you are actually looking for 

*not starting another cable debate here as many don't believe in them, and those who purchase them have different opinions on each of them so it's a never ending debate*

Apr 2, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #2,995 of 3,817
  Hi guys. I'm looking to purchase the HE1000 v2. Can I get some amp/dac recommendations and also do I need to pay $1k for an amp? I just got a Schiit Modi for my HD 650/Crack/Speedball. Do I need to upgrade? Thanks.

I was happy with my Mjolnir 2 and Gungnir Multibit until I got my HE1000. These headphones are so good they pointed out the flaws in the upstream components. 
eek.gif

I had a Chord Mojo on hand so I used that while thinking about what to get instead and it turned out to sound really good with HE1K. I had a Hugo in the past and considered getting another, but then came upon a used Hugo TT. I didn't want to spend that much money but I'm very glad I did now. It's an incredible combo. 
As for you....my suggestion is to search out a used Hugo. Since the Hugo 2 is coming out, the prices on the original model should be pretty friendly.

The Crack is great IF you use it with high impedance phones which these are not. I've had many Bottlehead kits and they are all excellent. If you want to build, then the SEX 3 would be a better match for the HiFiMan. 

Apr 2, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #2,998 of 3,817
What do you guys think about the moon neo 430 had?

I have the questyle cma800i, was trying the moon neo 430 for an upgrade. A-B testing. But i didnt noticed any big difference wich seems very odd?

Apr 2, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #3,000 of 3,817
Ican pro and Holo spring r2r DAC is a great combo.

Thank you! My curiosity about your Holo Spring R2R DAC led me to the Computer Audiophile review which in turn led me to Mari Kodama's Beethoven Sonatas 16-18. Outstanding!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back