Official Group Buy - Revised Millett-Hybrid PCB
Jun 21, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #286 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by drewd
[EDIT: Must stop reading Nate's mind...]

I believe that since great minds think alike this is proof positive that crazy minds think alike too! I beat you to the punch by a whole minute
biggrin.gif

rreynol,

thanks for posting the picture, mind if we use it for the site?

N

Jun 21, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #288 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdon
Thanks guys for your coaching! This newbie greatly appreciates it!
wink.gif

Look out, you're a newbie being coached by another newbie, that's spells DANGER!

Jun 23, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #293 of 302
Quick question. The chassis mount tube sockets I got have a center connector (in addition to the 7 pin connectors). Is this necessary as the tube makes no contact with the center connector, or can I remove it to make wiring easier?

Jun 23, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #294 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by JWFokker
The chassis mount tube sockets I got have a center connector (in addition to the 7 pin connectors). Is this necessary as the tube makes no contact with the center connector, or can I remove it to make wiring easier?

The connector isn't necessary, so you can go ahead and pull it out.

-Drew

Jun 23, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #295 of 302
So...now that the group buy is over, where can I get my hands on a revised PCB? I'd imagine there are a few members with leftover PCBs, but other than that? I can etch it myself, but I'd rather just buy a labeled, masked professional board. There are the $40 older boards on DIYaudio...same circuit, just a different topology, correct?

Jun 23, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #297 of 302
What, you mean on a copper clad perf board? No thanks. Those are great for tiny electronics projects with just a few components (I have a touch sensor circuit mounted on one) but I'd never do a full scale project. Might as well DIY etch by that point. I suppose I could "silk screen" with a fine tipped silver sharpie.
wink.gif

Edit: On second thought it doesn't look that easy to etch...what about the old DIYaudio boards?

Jun 23, 2005 at 6:04 AM Post #298 of 302
Nah. I meant hand mounted on a wooden or plastic board. The original breadboard was actually a block of wood used for cutting bread on. The most hardcore audiophiles build their amps this way, and spin their vinyls with handcrank based turntables that have been blessed by the pope. No joke.

But seriously, breadboards did originate from blocks of wood. Supposedly point to point sounds the best because it eliminates crosstalk and all sorts of other electronic interference, assuming it's laid out properly.

Jun 23, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #299 of 302
Reduced crosstalk for better sound quality? Sounds like another audiophile purist myth...I would think those same people would say it's worse because of more solder joints or something.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back